2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

they're really not.

2 hours ago, sisco said:

The Streets will probably headline the Other

Lauren Hill could quite easily sub Pyramid

Im not talking about the size of the acts. I'm quite likely to watch Prophets & Lauryn Hill at boomtown. I would have done at Glastonbury too.

I have no interest in any of the 3 pyramid headliners.

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

Musically speaking, from my perspective: 

The Streets > Stormzy

Tame Impala > The Killers

Chemical Brothers > The Cure

I'm glad  that many would happy with the other stage headliners but I would be really disappointed if those were the top six. I love the chems but no interest in the others. That said Chems, Wu-tang and Janelle Monae... could do a lot worse.  

28 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Saw The Killers last year at Werchter and they were dreadful. By far the worst headliner on the bill (other headliners being Pearl Jam, Nick Cave, QOTSA, Gorillaz, Arctic Monkeys and Jack White).

Other than JW, I'd take all of the others named on here as ya headliners.

Having mulled it over on my journey home from work, I reckon any of  Foals, Tame Impala, 1975 & Christine and the Queens would have been a better booking. I wasn't arsed about The Strokes but again they would be preferable. I'm even thinking Calvin Harris coming across to press play and wave his arms about for 90 mins would be an improvement.

54 minutes ago, Glastocat said:

I don't think it looks weak in the slightest tbh. Maybe in retrospect KOL but not at the time, no way. 

Not that it'll bother who's on when I get there, really but this years is not a patch on that. I'm not a massive hip hop fan but I'd suggest Jay Z seems a much bigger act than Stormzy. The Verve reforming was big at the time and the set I was looking most forward to seeing and the KOL who were massively popular at the time are better headliners than the killers or the cure imo. 

These look more like other stage headliners to me but as I say it won't matter when I get there and depending on what the clashes are there is a chance I could see a couple of them.

Probably The Cure if any. Wu Tang > The Killers and I imagine Stormzy probablys becomes a last choice on Friday night.

Gonna be looking at other stages a lot this year round I reckon. 

1 minute ago, chatty said:

Probably The Cure if any. Wu Tang > The Killers and I imagine Stormzy probablys becomes a last choice on Friday night.

Gonna be looking at other stages a lot this year round I reckon. 

Aye, a last choice if they decide to close the whole of the SE corner before the end of the headliners.?

It's going to be really interesting who headlines the other big stages around the festival this year. If they are popular it could be record low numbers at the pyramid. Then again, perhaps, I'm totally misjudging it and talking shite and this set of headliners are far more popular than I'm giving them credit for.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Tell me somethin', girl
Are you happy in this modern world?
Or do you need more?
Is there somethin' else you're searchin' for?

Tell me something, boy
Aren't you tired tryin' to fill that void?
Or do you need more?
Ain't it hard keeping it so softcore?

3 hours ago, jyoung said:

The Killers - 12,679,004 monthly listeners on Spotify. 320,655 in London.

KOL - 8,392,611 monthly listeners. 217,154 in London.

In comparison...

Stormzy - 2,879,123 monthly listeners. 233,500 in London.

The Cure - 6,970,609 monthly listeners. 156,698 in London.

Doesnt really work comparing KOLs listeners now, you would have to find a way to directly compare then to 2008 when they were at their peak. 

Thought it would be the Killers after 2017, and it wil unite our group to be fair. Snobbism aside I think it’s pretty decent booking. Universally popular except on here (and I have a lot of love for here). As a group we’d see them above most of those mentioned except probably Madonna and FM.