2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Self confessing I spend quite a lot of time throughout the week here checking to see any further updates on who it’s going to be headlining the pyramid, as well as other acts to be confirmed for the festival. The anticipation is fun, and if nothing else it’s a laugh coming on here, but at the end of the day for me it absolutely has no bearing on my time at Glastonbury who plays what stage and at what time. I could go every year and not see a single act and would have the time of my life. It’s nice to have headliners and acts you’re raring to see, but when it’s all said and done, it means shit all who is or isn’t playing the fez. Count yourself lucky you’ve got a ticket for those who have as there are thousands without who couldn’t give a shit who was playing.

It’s a privilege to rock up to the festival every June, the acts themselves are just an added bonus.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Martini Police said:

Kings of Leon in the 10 years prior to that have sold several times more than the Killers have in the last 10 now (unless they've made up a monumental gap with sales of old albums). They've also sold more the Killers in the UK in their careers overall, if you're interested. Those 2008 headliners were a pretty big deal at the time, the end of the Verve and the decline in popularity (and output) of KoL and Jay-Z just makes it look much weaker than it was.

KOL was a lot of fucking fun that night. The vibe in the field for JayZ was unique in my Glasters going experience and the Verve was an under appreciated belter. 

7 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

KOL was a lot of fucking fun that night. The vibe in the field for JayZ was unique in my Glasters going experience and the Verve was an under appreciated belter. 

Despite the line-up looking weak, 2008 was a great festival. Maybe it was because of how slowly the tickets sold. But some great atmospheres.

2 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Despite the line-up looking weak, 2008 was a great festival. Maybe it was because of how slowly the tickets sold. But some great atmospheres.

Racenteurs, Len Cohen, Buddy Guy, Solomon Burke, Crowded House. I had a blast.

• Upvote 1

Stormzy, cure and killers. Surprising that no female headliners here given the complaints a few years back that the main stage was dominated by male acts. That’s why I had thought gaga or Madonna was a possibility. Dare I say I had even thought Florence would be considered as she has been touring. Anyway as long as Christine and the queens are somewhere on the list I will be happy. 

Haven't been able to jump on since just before the anticipated name drops. So The Killers and The Cure (yawn) eh. In all seriousness though despite my reservations of the (heavily) rumoured The Cure and (moderately) rumoured The Strokes (count your blessings, it could have been them), that set of three headliners is fairly balanced and isn't that bad on the face of it when glancing at the top of the bill of other festivals. We all know there's plenty else on anyways. And we all know what goes down when we're actually on the farm. No doubt I'll be here in July raving about how great The Cure actually were (mate is gagging to see them). Curious as to what Nick's The Strokes info was, especially to specifically mention it two days running? If they are playing then surely the only viable slots are Pyramid sub (under The Cure?) Or Other headliner (opposite Stormzy?). 

56 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

I don't think it looks weak in the slightest tbh. Maybe in retrospect KOL but not at the time, no way. 

Not that it'll bother who's on when I get there, really but this years is not a patch on that. I'm not a massive hip hop fan but I'd suggest Jay Z seems a much bigger act than Stormzy. The Verve reforming was big at the time and the set I was looking most forward to seeing and the KOL who were massively popular at the time are better headliners than the killers or the cure imo. 

These look more like other stage headliners to me but as I say it won't matter when I get there and depending on what the clashes are there is a chance I could see a couple of them.