2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

21 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I've met people all around the world who have heard of Glastonbury festival. Who couldn't name a single headliner of the past few years.
Glastonbury will continue to sell out in minutes. It doesn't need to 'gain' anything. Its touted as one of the best music festivals in the world. It can't really go much higher. 

We all thought that before - and then 2008 happened.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

To book The Killers in 2019 would just look like bad fortune, but to have The Strokes lined up alongside them would look like bad policy.

Peeps would be cockahoop on 'ere if Mumfords were booked. "Solid, reliable, hung like a baboon" etc.

I heard rumours in 2017 that The Killers' JP appearance was due to them headlining the next festival, which now look to be true. I've also heard rumours that Macca and his people have been talking about headlining, but it's not this year, it's the big 50th. You have to remember that a lot of the big bookings are made far in advance. 

What a rollercoaster the last 20 pages have been. I was so excited only to get to the end frustrated and disappointed (usually what my mrs says)

Never mind, I seen them in 2017 but no real need to see them again, there will be plenty to choose from. 

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm at peace with the state of play on the Pyramid, when you look at it rationally there really aren't too many options to pick from.

Heritage acts:

• Macca - Active but seemingly happy to play US dates instead
  • Fleetwood Mac - Active but asking a fortune
  • Madonna - Rumoured to be active soon, but very, very expensive
  • The Eagles - Active, expensive, most people only know one or two songs
  • U2 - Not active, shat the bed last time
  • The Who - Three times in twelve years would be taking the piss
  • Stevie Wonder - Any need to have him back?
  • Reg - In Switzerland
  • Prince - Too dead

Contemporary acts:

• Gaga - Seemingly happy in Vegas
  • Arctic Monkeys - Back in hiding after TBHC bombed
  • The Strokes - Active, but haven't been a GF headliner since 9/11
  • Arianna Grande - In America
  • Taylor Swift - Not active
  • Kendrick - Ditto
  • Led Zeppelin - Not a band
  • Oasis - Also not a band
  • The 1975 - Doing Reading/Leeds
  • Foals - No chance
  • Kings of Leon - Hahahahahahahahahahaha!
  • Florence - Done it too recently
  • Blur - Damon has 429 other projects going on

Get into the 21st Century man, have you not heard of Holograms?, Roy Orbison had a comeback tour last year, death is no reason to stop people speculating about you headlining.

Does info and discussion on these threads ever make the festival respond with an announcement ? I mean now the likes of Glastonbury fest feed , NME and Somerset Live will without question be making the most of it .... or will they just stick to a pre planned date ... and let the speculation continue even if it's spot on ?