2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

If it really is The Killers, I hope Mendip Council add a clause to the licence limiting renditions of Mr Brightside to one per ticket holder per day (not including Wed/Thurs).

This can be monitored by a chip inside the wristband, programmed to detect Mr Brightside on a Shazam type algorithm. Ticket holders will receive electric shocks every time they so much as hum that fucking tune, starting at 100v and increasing by 30v each time. On the fourth occasion, security are alerted and the ticket holder is unceremoniously ejected from the grounds. 

Those who don’t hum or sing it at all are guaranteed a ticket for 2020. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Mardy said:

It’s much more about Glastonbury’s perceived status in the festival hierarchy, especially with International acts. If they’re looking to the future and you’re trying to book acts who don’t know the size and scale and history of the festival, there’s a danger you approach someone and they see it as a Killers size festival. And then it down.

... THis is a little out there is it not? 

Bands are not going to turn down 'Glastonbury' because it looks like a 'Killers' size festival. Its a payday, along with huge marketing with the BBC. EIther the band can't play it due to scheduling reasons/holding out for headliner status, or they're too expensive. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Glasto shouldn’t have to resort to that level. Had a couple years with which to plan. Either someone bailed or they fucked it up. 

Maybe someone bailed, maybe they got a lot of knock backs. I don't really see how the fallow year helps them that much. It'll still be an incredible line-up even if it's a fairly pedestrian set of headliners.

Is it too surprising, weren't we all told the scope for huge headline acts at Glastonbury was now limited?

Anyway, I do consider All These Things That I've Done is a superb live song, even though I'm now doubting my judgement as the official video seems to be a tale of donkeys and dwarfs (What exactly are these things he's done?):

K.jpg

Edited by Avalon_Fields
  • Upvote 1

Just now, eFestivals said:

surely it'll be the same if you don't get tickets...? :P

</runs> 

So first the news about the Killers and now this... You're on good form today Neil. 

Very fortunate that thanks to the past few years I have a few ways of getting in, just don't fancy working Glastonbury, its my holiday. 

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

So first the news about the Killers and now this... You're on good form today Neil. 

Very fortunate that thanks to the past few years I have a few ways of getting in, just don't fancy working Glastonbury, its my holiday. 

hes also got issues with the runs today ... he's got it all going on :) 

10 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

... THis is a little out there is it not? 

Bands are not going to turn down 'Glastonbury' because it looks like a 'Killers' size festival. Its a payday, along with huge marketing with the BBC. EIther the band can't play it due to scheduling reasons/holding out for headliner status, or they're too expensive. 

It is a perfectly reasonable argument. Ostensibly this is a very weak year.

Festival gains zilch from The Killers appearance bar mere appeasement.

5 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

It is a perfectly reasonable argument. Ostensibly this is a very weak year.

Festival gains zilch from The Killers appearance bar mere appeasement.

I've met people all around the world who have heard of Glastonbury festival. Who couldn't name a single headliner of the past few years.
Glastonbury will continue to sell out in minutes. It doesn't need to 'gain' anything. Its touted as one of the best music festivals in the world. It can't really go much higher. 

Just now, chazwwe said:

I've met people all around the world who have heard of Glastonbury festival. Who couldn't name a single headliner of the past few years.
Glastonbury will continue to sell out in minutes. It doesn't need to 'gain' anything. Its touted as one of the best music festivals in the world. It can't really go much higher. 

The festival constantly trying to improve in every respect chief. Your response above seems hollow.

27 minutes ago, kalifire said:

If it really is The Killers, I hope Mendip Council add a clause to the licence limiting renditions of Mr Brightside to one per ticket holder per day (not including Wed/Thurs).

This can be monitored by a chip inside the wristband, programmed to detect Mr Brightside on a Shazam type algorithm. Ticket holders will receive electric shocks every time they so much as hum that fucking tune, starting at 100v and increasing by 30v each time. On the fourth occasion, security are alerted and the ticket holder is unceremoniously ejected from the grounds. 

Those who don’t hum or sing it at all are guaranteed a ticket for 2020. 

Wow this will be really tough. I hate that song and I’m humming it already! I’m up for the challenge tho, those 2020 tixs will be mine...

Just now, Mouseboy11 said:

I’ve had a thought...we’ve had info that suggests that both The Killers and The Strokes are headlining now.

Could it be possible The Cure are actually headlining the Other stage?

if my Killers info is correct then it's probably the case that the included info of the cure being the other headliner is also correct.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

if my Killers info is correct then it's probably the case that the included info of the cure being the other headliner is also correct.

Woah, hang on. So your info is Killers will headline Pymild but The Cure will headline Other? 

So does that mean we’re still one main headliner down? Or have I missed who the third would be?*

*please don’t say banjo & the lads

EDIT: I’ve just realised your ‘other’ was lower case. Sigh. Carry on. 

Edited by kalifire