2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Re Killers [2019]

I called this ages ago and y’all Strokes fans weren’t having it. I knew this was going to happen the second it became obvious that there was not really any options for Glastonbury that would satisfy the casual attendee.

Also I reckon their booking took 5 minutes

Yeah I must admit I'm usually pretty positive about finding something worth watching but at the moment I wouldn't be arsed about any of the Pyramid subs or headliners and, while I would go along to the Chems on the Other again, it's not exactly something to get the blood pumping.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Re Killers [2019]

I called this ages ago and y’all Strokes fans weren’t having it. I knew this was going to happen the second it became obvious that there was not really any options for Glastonbury that would satisfy the casual attendee.

Also I reckon their booking took 5 minutes

Shall we go thru the predictions you were wrong about too or what?

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe they’re on at Finsbury Park. Though that would be during Glastonbury. :(

I’d love them at Glasto but I think they are only taking headline slots this year. (Unless someone can point me to somewhere where they aren’t headlining). 

18 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Which ones? Primavera have essentially gone without headliners - Glasto could attract any of those top line artists and could well have some. Coachella  - Glasto wouldn't give it to Ariana and the other 2 could play lower slots. 

Primavera has got pretty big and exciting headliners but it's true that they are not that well known in the UK. Kendrick Lamar, Ariana Grande, Drake or so could perfectly headline glasto but they must be expensive as hell. Not gonna point out Post Malone cause he's not my thing but one could argue.. 

If we end up having Childish Gambino and Tame Impala as subs/other headliners would be great tbf.

Edited by yosoyyoberdi

Friday 

Pyramid: Stormzy, Childish Gambino???

Other: Wolf Alice

Saturday

Pyramid: The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Cardi B

Other: The Streets

Sunday

Pyramid: The Cure, Janet Jackson

Other: The Chemical Brothers

Not the strongest is it? I don’t doubt the undercard will shine this year though

*no idea why my text is so big

Edited by Matt42

9 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

Primavera has got pretty big and exciting headliners but it's true that they are not that well known in the UK. Kendrick Lamar, Ariana Grande or so could perfectly headline glasto but they must be expensive as hell. Not gonna point out Post Malone cause he's not my thing but one could argue.. 

If we end up having Childish Gambino and Tame Impala as subs/other headliners would be great tbf.

I think we're looking at different festivals, which one are these at? Are you talking about Primavera Sound, Barcelona? All those headliners are nowhere near Glasto headliner level. 

Kendrick could've been too expensive, not sure, but he would never have played the same year as Stormzy anyway. I think he might in the future though. I think Ariana would be met with uproar tbh. Obviously she's absolutely massive right now (but mainly amongst a different audience) but a pop star without the back catalogue of hits or widely perceived artistic credibility (rightly or wrongly) like say Gaga or Madonna would be a strange way for them to go. 

Edited by The Martini Police

12 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Who would have thought that Kate Moss’s ex-husbands band would be headlinig Glastonbury?

Fair play to ‘em.

Alright, I’ll play along.

What are you talking about, James Hince is the guitarist with The Kills not The Killers. ?

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Can't really see him playing on the Saturday now.

Friday Pyramid opener.

29 minutes ago, Beeefy said:

Dammit Neil got my hopes up with a ?

I think Cure Killers Stormzy would be pretty disappointing after a year out.

Personally I'm fine with that, like both The Killers and The Cure although I'd only be seeing some of The Cure due to Janelle anyway. 

35 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Yeah, exactly. That is not a world class set of headliners. Might cut it for Latitude, but not Glastonbury.

If it doesn't cut it then go elsewhere.  

The idea that we are somehow entitled to absolute mega stars on a budget is ridiculous. Yes it isn't the strongest set of headliners but in a year where others have George Ezra or a fucking Gallagher brother we could be doing worse 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Christ I hope there are some decent options on the other stages. Other Stage rumours aren’t exactly filling me with hope at the moment, and Janelle is clashing with the one headliner I want to see.

y u do dis glastonbury?!

Yeah it's a bit of a poor show at the moment innit?

Don't worry tho, as we speak I'm consulting my grimoire for a spell that'll put Robyn on Saturday night and Erykah Badu on Sunday night. We'll laugh about all of this nonsense in a few weeks.

• Upvote 1

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yeah it's a bit of a poor show at the moment innit?

Don't worry tho, as we speak I'm consulting my grimoire for a spell that'll put Robyn on Saturday night and Erykah Badu on Sunday night. We'll laugh about all of this nonsense in a few weeks.

Don’t you wanna see The Cure or Janelle Monae?

Hopefully they've got bored of the 'lets pick a fan out the crowd to play a song' seemed like they did it at every festival last Summer. Saw them at Rock Werchter and it ended up being someone who was presumably holding drum sticks for the first time, resulting in Flowers stopping the song and telling him to 'get off the f***ing stage', completely killed the atmosphere.

All irrelevant if Chemical Brothers play Other same night anyway cause I'll be making a show of myself to The Salmon Dance by then.

3 minutes ago, AAlex said:

Hopefully they've got bored of the 'lets pick a fan out the crowd to play a song' seemed like they did it at every festival last Summer. Saw them at Rock Werchter and it ended up being someone who was presumably holding drum sticks for the first time, resulting in Flowers stopping the song and telling him to 'get off the f***ing stage', completely killed the atmosphere.

All irrelevant if Chemical Brothers play Other same night anyway cause I'll be making a show of myself to The Salmon Dance by then.

I hope he does that to Liam Gallagher.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mcshed said:

If it doesn't cut it then go elsewhere.  

Oh man, this was the go-to line for teachers in school when young Lawn remonstrated about the enforcement of some ridiculous rule. How you gonna put me in naughty kid jail for having a haircut you don't like, Mr Watson? How short I have my hair affects nobody but me. "Those are the rules" he would say, "if you don't like the rule then you can go to another school". You're just avoiding meaningful discourse, Mr Watson! (I never said that to him).