2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

24 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Where should I start with The Killers?  Best album? Any famous songs?

I'm a big fan, would be my 9th time seeing them if they headline

My fave album, and general fave among the big fans, is Sam's Town. Then Hot Fuss

Famous songs - Mr Brightside, When You Were Young, All These Things That I've Done, Smile Like You Mean It, Read My Mind, Somebody Told Me, Human, Spaceman, Runaways, The Man

Other/best songs (IMO!) - Bling, This River Is Wild, A Dustland Fairytale

Enjoy x

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, blazingstars said:

I'm a big fan, would be my 9th time seeing them if they headline

My fave album, and general fave among the big fans, is Sam's Town. Then Hot Fuss

Famous songs - Mr Brightside, When You Were Young, All These Things That I've Done, Smile Like You Mean It, Read My Mind, Somebody Told Me, Human, Spaceman, Runaways, The Man

Other/best songs (IMO!) - Bling, This River Is Wild, A Dustland Fairytale

Enjoy x

You've been Calgon'd.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yeah, you all know very well, there are only three acts in the world they could've got to headline this year. So stop being wilfully obtuse and get yer tops off for Mr Brightside eh?

I’m not saying they couldn’t have got better artists, just that it’s not as simple as “why couldn’t they have got someone huge, it’s been 2 years”. Smaller, better headliners would be a great move, but then that’s what the other stages provide.

20 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

The “be thankful” stuff never sat well with me. After a fallow year the fest should have done better, soz.

I meant “be thankful” it wasn’t LG singing Wall of Glass out of his hooter.

But also, yeah why not be thankful? They had a list of mega acts, they’re running out now between some dying , some never willing to come down to a vastly reduced fee and some simply not on tour this year. You was saying the other day that ‘09 was the best year, where they went out and got all legends. Glory years could well be gone, but you can certainly be happy that it happened at all.

Killers and Cure are alright. Pretty underwhelming after the Mac rumours resurfaced, but slap bang in the middle of the 'would watch if nothing better on' category. Was one of the few people who left the JP during Frank Carter to head elsewhere, so haven't seen them since Leeds 08.

3 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

I know is general consensus around here that there are no headliners available this year but checking Coachella, Primavera Sound, Lollapalooza etc seems like there are plenty of interesting choices. It seems more like Glastonbury not being able to attract them for some reason, probably money. 

Just had a look at those line ups and there is really not many choices there who could headline Glasto. Obviously Beyonce and IO guess kendrick but both would V expensive 

2 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

I know is general consensus around here that there are no headliners available this year but checking Coachella, Primavera Sound, Lollapalooza etc seems like there are plenty of interesting choices. It seems more like Glastonbury not being able to attract them for some reason, probably money. 

Which ones? Primavera have essentially gone without headliners - Glasto could attract any of those top line artists and could well have some. Coachella  - Glasto wouldn't give it to Ariana and the other 2 could play lower slots. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Tame Impala have ran out of festivals to headline. I reckon they’ll do Glastonbury. 

I reckon they tend to pay us dust every summer because they want to be booked in headline slots and we don’t tend to give them to them. They really should have headlined all points east this year I’m confused that they aren’t. 

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I reckon they tend to pay us dust every summer because they want to be booked in headline slots and we don’t tend to give them to them. They really should have headlined all points east this year I’m confused that they aren’t. 

Maybe they’re on at Finsbury Park. Though that would be during Glastonbury. :(

Edited by dentalplan