2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

The “be thankful” stuff never sat well with me. After a fallow year the fest should have done better, soz.

I wouldn’t say it’s about being thankful, more “who else could they have got?”. They have a set fee and they can make offers but if The Mac and Macca don’t want to do it then what else can they do?

Upping the fee would set a dangerous precedent and change Glastonbury away from what makes it great into being money and headliner-focussed. Not worth it when we can just go to one of the many other stages.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

The Killers will go down well with the "cancel-kanye-and-book-a-rock-band-like-foo-fighters-brigade".   It's an uninspired booking, sure, but they'll have a huge crowd and will go down will the casual attendee.  

They'll probably think they're enjoying themselves too. The ruddy idiots.

6 minutes ago, Bradders said:

I wouldn’t say it’s about being thankful, more “who else could they have got?”. They have a set fee and they can make offers but if The Mac and Macca don’t want to do it then what else can they do?

Upping the fee would set a dangerous precedent and change Glastonbury away from what makes it great into being money and headliner-focussed. Not worth it when we can just go to one of the many other stages.

Could not agree more with this sentiment. 

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Janet Jackson, Childish Gambino and Liam Gallagher would be a really stong set of subs, and I guess that would leave Chris & The Queens potentially for the Other headline vs. Stormzy?

Feel they'll go for a bigger name and probably a rock band (or at least something more accessible than C&TQ) in that slot, can't see C&TQ fitting. Other sub though I reckon. 

13 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

The “be thankful” stuff never sat well with me. After a fallow year the fest should have done better, soz.

Yeah, exactly. That is not a world class set of headliners. Might cut it for Latitude, but not Glastonbury.

4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Janet Jackson, Childish Gambino and Liam Gallagher would be a really stong set of subs, and I guess that would leave Chris & The Queens potentially for the Other headline vs. Stormzy?

Would love to see Chris' and the Queens under Childish' just coz thats an awesome 1 - 2 in terms of stage presence and performance. I still hope for Tame Impala on Friday headliner for Other