2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

As much as it's not a very efests lineup I think a top two of The Killers and Liam Gallagher will go down really well, better than the other nights anyway. I don't really have much desire to see them again, I don't think they'd top their 2017 set, but they're a pretty solid option in the unlikely event there's not much else on.

I loved them when Hot Fuss came out. Enjoyed them in the JP in 04, great in 05 (who were they on before, was it White Stripes?), 2007 was a massive disappointment, and I liked Sam's Town. Of course, not helped by the fact they sounded like it was being played through a yoghurt pot on a bit of string. Think I last saw them in 2009? So maybe I'm ready to see them again.......

Still a bit underwhelmed on the whole though.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Don't think so.  That's not really a new development.

Pretty sure @eFestivals had been waiting for additional info to corroborate what at this stage is very old info; they've never been TBC or anything.

Anyway, looks like Neiler has hit himself a 2 fer 1 - good stuff. 

5 minutes ago, blazingstars said:

But seriously though why do we all 'know' it's The Cure and The Killers now?

We don't 'know' anything for sure until the poster drops but if Neil is hearing from sources solid enough that he's posting about it in hear then it's worth listening to.

1 hour ago, Deadendfriends8 said:

Got a pal who works for a Country music magazine and he's had pretty general emails saying The Killers & The Cure complete Glastonbury headliners. Could be completely coincidental but he's got these this morning just as Neil says something is coming

emails from who?

worth remembering that a "music industry" magazine said it was McCartney, with Liam on Friday, so I'm not exactly putting too much faith in whatever rumours are floating around the magazine publishing industry in general.

28 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Indeed, if ever there was a song to make you sit down in a bar it would be that one.

Culchies absolutely lap it up. Music for men in Subaru jackets with enormous hands like shovels and an unfeasible amount of dirt under their finger nails.

I didn’t think The Nal needed a troll account outside of his main one.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

I only mentioned it as I thought it was generally regarded as a low point - and was the year when the festival actually failed to sell out until the last minute!

probably more due to the dogshit undercard, dreadful weather the previous year, and financial crisis TBF

peak indie landfill:

a0a361bf-5aa6-4ac5-9938-252baeed78be_gra

Edited by ghostdancer1

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Glastonbury 2019, featuring the headliners from all your favourite midsized festivals such as Wireless, Latitude and Bestival.

This is what happens when you put all your eggs in one McCartney shaped basket. 

And the person signing the cheques is as boring as sliced pan.

27 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I didn't watch any in 2015 & 2016. Much as we all say it's hot about the headliners, I did miss not having anyone I wanted to see.

I'm more than happy with my current headline options as (probably, TBC) Chemical Brothers on Saturday night and Janelle Monae on Sunday. Friday will either be a matter of getting over to the naughty corner early to avoid the rush or there'll be something else on somewhere that has yet to be announced. I'm set. It's all good. 

17 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

As much as it's not a very efests lineup I think a top two of The Killers and Liam Gallagher will go down really well, better than the other nights anyway.

Of course it will.

The general public is the majority of folk at the end of the house party screaming Mr Brightside and Wonderwall while throwing beer over themselves like its summer '18. eFests is the kid who got dragged along by a mate but spent the night in the garden wearing a Radiohead shirt and smoking.

*jesting

Edited by jyoung
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm more than happy with my current headline options as (probably, TBC) Chemical Brothers on Saturday night and Janelle Monae on Sunday. Friday will either be a matter of getting over to the naughty corner early to avoid the rush or there'll be something else on somewhere that has yet to be announced. I'm set. It's all good. 

How are the Chems now Sat night? Last I heard was the Eden Project Friday info.