2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Madonna hasn't played a career spanning greatest hits set on her tours for ages. I'd guess the closest might have been the early 90's tours. And if she ever does, she certainly won't give it away to Glastonbury for their small headliner fee. She'll be cashing that one in on a tour.

23 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

As a fan of both who wasn't there, Bruce's setlist - flawed as it was - still seems more obviously packed with bangers than Neil's was.

Neil played 4 songs from Harvest. A 1/4 of the setlist. Played Everybody Knows, Down by the River, Cinnamon Girl, Free World, Hey Hey etc. Bangers everywhere. 

Bruce played his standard tour set which unfortunately was the tour of his worst album ever. I enjoyed it but he understandably lost a lot of people playing Coma Girl, Prove it all night, Lucky Day, Outlaw Pete, Working on a Dream, Seeds, Johnny 99 and Raise Your Hand in the first hour or so. Even hardcore Bruce fans lose interest there. 

Edited by The Nal

14 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Madonna hasn't played a career spanning greatest hits set on her tours for ages. I'd guess the closest might have been the early 90's tours. And if she ever does, she certainly won't give it away to Glastonbury for their small headliner fee. She'll be cashing that one in on a tour.

Alternatively she drops a 90 minute hit-athon live on the BBC that acts as one huge advert for her upcoming tour. Once the rubes have bought their tickets she drops the new stuff on them.

Edited by Hugh Jass
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, KeithRichardsWavedAtMe said:

Re the Cure, should the question now rather than "will they headline" be "how long will their setlist be" because if they get 3 hrs it'll be a drag - and I'm an actual fan

They didn't last time they headlined, so I'd expect a 'short' set like Hyde Park - which I thought worked really well.

1. Lovesonng
  2. Burn
  3. Encore:
  4. (First time since 2011)
  5. (First time since 2011)
  6. (played on time at 10:15 pm)

25 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Alternatively she drops a 90 minute hit-athon live on the BBC that acts as one huge advert for her upcoming tour. Once the rubes have bought their tickets she drops the new stuff on them.

Would be the sensible choice.

Do this and she could name her price for the rest of the tour. 

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

As his tour is with the Promise Of The Real over here, I’d expect something like this

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/neil-young-promise-of-the-real/2018/capitol-theatre-port-chester-ny-7be93658.html

Plenty of big un's to choose from....

Country Home
When You Dance
Dont Cry no Tears
The Losing End
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere 
Down by the River
Mr Soul
Words
On The Beach
Southern Man
Powderfinger
Ohio 
Old Man
Needle & the Damage Done
Heart of Gold
Harvest Moon
Tonights the Night
Love & Only Love
Walk On
Love To Burn
Cowgirl In The Sand 
Cortez The Killer 
Cinnamon Girl
F*ckin Up
Like A Hurricane
Hey Hey My My
Rocking In The Free World

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yes this must be the biggest blow. If it was a few years later or earlier and he played as many new songs, it wouldn’t have gone down nearly as badly.

The 2012 summer tour arguably as good as the early 1980s. A bummer for the G.

6 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Cruel Summer stuff was great IMO. proper bangers. would have liked New God Flow too.

when he did those 3 Bon Iver/Vernon bits it completely killed the atmosphere and bored me to tears TBH. if Justin wants to warble for 15mins on the Pyramid stage he can save it for his own performance!

Because most the crowd thought  mbdtf and yeezus are his worst albums ?