2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Just now, KeithRichardsWavedAtMe said:

The Smiths didn't headline, this lot did apparently

Smiths.png

In a way, it’s right. The Smiths didn’t play last, they played early afternoonish either because of the young age of their crowd or because there were groups of people who chased them off the site, depending on who you speak to.

31 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The thing with Madonna's arsenal of bops is that they are spread out throughout her career.  She's not just dependent on her first couple of records.  No-one would object to a couple of newish singles - it's the slews of album tracks that fuck thinhs up.

Kinda. The hits are tampered with also. Remixes and that. Hung Up performed sans Abba sample fr’instance. Incomplete bruv.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Also true.  I've got no beef with new arrangements, but not at the expense of the song.

There's a danger of Kylie trying that on as well. 

Madge and Kylie have moved past a celebration of their songs and onto a celebration of themselves. A worry.

1 minute ago, Thunderstruck said:

What’s the latest then? Stormzy confirmed, the Cure probable and left with one more? People talking about the strokes surprise me, no chance they’ll be headlining.

Pretty much yeah, expect more of the same for a few more weeks. 

Think The Strokes could headline personally. Madonna much more unlikely, fantasy land to think she's even been asked. Have a feeling it'll just be someone out the blue who we're not expecting or find out a couple of hours before.

7 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Pretty much yeah, expect more of the same for a few more weeks. 

Think The Strokes could headline personally. Madonna much more unlikely, fantasy land to think she's even been asked. Have a feeling it'll just be someone out the blue who we're not expecting or find out a couple of hours before.

I just don’t get the strokes though...they’re on my list of bands I’d love to see based on being 18...but to headline? I’d be amazed. 

4 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

I just don’t get the strokes though...they’re on my list of bands I’d love to see based on being 18...but to headline? I’d be amazed. 

Based on you being 18?

I was a bit late to the party witH the strokes and starting paying attention when room on fire came out. Played it to death and later did the same with is this it. Wasn't much into anything they did after that but would love to see them at Glastonbury. 

Just now, gherkin8r said:

Based on you being 18?

I was a bit late to the party witH the strokes and starting paying attention when room on fire came out. Played it to death and later did the same with is this it. Wasn't much into anything they did after that but would love to see them at Glastonbury. 

I’d absolutely love to see them at Glastonbury, but headliners? 

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Also true.  I've got no beef with new arrangements, but not at the expense of the song.

There's a danger of Kylie trying that on as well. 

Kylie is a crowd-pleaser who caters to the event, she'll definitely do the hits without changing them up too much - Glasto is part of a summer tour that is similar to the one she did in 2015 - her Hyde Park set then was pretty much perfect for the casual fan. Not worried about her at all.

Madonna would be more of a risk in this regard particularly if it coincides with a new album - But as someone with 60+ UK top 10s it'd be hard to mess it up too badly, she's still gonna by default gonna have more hits in her setlist than almost anyone else playing.

Edited by burntbridges

Has Madonna at any point in the last 2 decades produced this mythical bangerfest greatest hits set or does she always stank it up with medleys and new songs that nobody wants to hear?

I'm not a fan but would definitely be interested if I'm guaranteed wall to wall hits but my impression is that's not on the cards.

2 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Has Madonna at any point in the last 2 decades produced this mythical bangerfest greatest hits set or does she always stank it up with medleys and new songs that nobody wants to hear?

I'm not a fan but would definitely be interested if I'm guaranteed wall to wall hits but my impression is that's not on the cards.

I've no idea about madge, but ....

I expected that from bowie in 2000 so I swerved it. Damn! :(