2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Just now, Kinkyinuit said:

In every way I agree.

Fortunately Mrs Inuit is not a fan of Madge so if she does turn up, it looks like I'll be bringing the ruckus with the Wu Tang Clan

Unless there's an act on elsewhere I "half like or more" I'd probably end up seeing Madonna. I've always found her pretty boring if I'm honest, but I don't doubt she'd put on a good show. 

5 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Mondays, Psych Furs, Smiths, Bunnymen.

4 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Happy Mondays, Oasis, The Smiths, New Order.

James?

Didn't know half of them headlined (did the smiths really do it?), the other half I shoulda known better. 10 points either way.

12 minutes ago, Havors said:

The more I read this forum the more I feel a vast majority of its contributors are either in their late 40's or over 50.....  :D 

I mean Madge?? really?  I would rather watch GaGa and im not a fan of her either.

I think maybe i'm just a cynical fart and adverse to a lot of pop music shite...  :D

I'm in my 30's and would happily see Madge, she's one of the biggest and most influential acts on the planet, why wouldn't you?

I'm sure there'll be a bunch of lads with guitars playing proper music on another stage for you to enjoy.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm in my 30's and would happily see Madge, she's one of the biggest and most influential acts on the planet, why wouldn't you?

I'm sure there'll be a bunch of lads with guitars playing proper music on another stage for you to enjoy.

heh_thumbs_up_nph.gif

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Isn't she supposed to be horrendous live though and even sometimes mimes? I might be thinking of someone else but I thought even her fans got frustrated with her. 

I've only ever seen Madonna live on dvd as £200 a ticket is way too much for me, but they're brilliant shows. The songs you're less likely to know have better staging. There's one where she kills a prowler who has broken in to her home. (although maybe she was the prowler now I think about it). Decades of experience of engaging performances. She'd be incredible.

In a world where The Rolling Stones agreed to headline I don’t think we can discount (m)any acts due to them supposedly costing too much.

I mean, I’m not expecting her to be the final headliner, but the Eavi have worked miracles before, and lord knows this years top tier needs spicing up some.

Plus Emily liked her on Instagram, so based on that it’s definitely happening. 

2 hours ago, Birra Moretti said:

I'd love to see Madge there but she may have priced herself out. Would assume she would do a hits based set rather than her usual new stuff she has been doing recently. 

The problem with an artist like her is they often just play their touring set as it's such a big production they can't just suddenly choreograph, rehearse and learn a bunch of hits. Maybe the odd one but otherwise you can expect the same setlist that she would be touring at the time. Judging by her last tour your looking at a load of w*nk. I.E https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/madonna/2016/allphones-arena-sydney-australia-7bf03254.html

Add loads of new (shit?) songs from her album about to come out later this year and you've got a massive but slightly disappointed crowd.