2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

50 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Why are you so obsessed with The Cure not headlining? Bare weird.

Not meaning to sound weird, just personally not a big fan of them and IMO it's an uninspiring headline booking. The same with The Strokes (if it does end up being those). Of course the usual caveat applies that it doesn't matter too much regardless, as there's always other options to choose from. Incidently it's also my best mates Glasto debut this year, and it would have been great for him to see a Pyramid headline act for one of the nights (we have similar music tastes).

59 minutes ago, Chef said:

Whats the general feeling on Madge in terms of interest?

Personally I couldn't think of anyone worse but am I in the minority?  

I couldn't think of a better booking.

Genuine legend, with a huge back catalogue, who I've never seen live and never will unless she plays the festival. For me that's the best type of headliner, if it's someone I'd actually pay to see then I'd rather go to their own show.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incident said:

I couldn't think of a better booking.

Genuine legend, with a huge back catalogue, who I've never seen live and never will unless she plays the festival. For me that's the best type of headliner, if it's someone I'd actually pay to see then I'd rather go to their own show.

This! And a booking I can 100% get on board with - can't word that any better myself! 

I've seen Madonna on the MDNA and Rebel Heart tour. Granted, she does do about 30% new songs on her headline tours, she curates the setlist in a way where you never feel bored. Her stage show/production is second to none and she almost always breaks out at least a couple rare tracks. Below is the setlist from her most recent (2015-2016) tour...

1. "Iconic"
  2. "Bitch I'm Madonna"
  3. "Burning Up"
  4. "Holy Water" (contains excerpts from "Vogue")
  5. "Devil Pray"
  6. "Messiah" (video interlude)
  7. "Body Shop"
  8. "True Blue"
  9. "Deeper and Deeper"
  10. "HeartBreakCity" (contains excerpts from "Love Don't Live Here Anymore")
  11. "Like a Virgin" (contains elements of "Heartbeat" and "Erotica")
  12. "S.E.X." (video interlude) (contains elements of "Justify My Love")
  13. "Living for Love"
  14. "La Isla Bonita"
  15. "Dress You Up" / "Into the Groove" / "Lucky Star" / "Dress You Up" (Reprise)
  16. "Who's That Girl"
  17. "Rebel Heart"
  18. "Illuminati" (video interlude)
  19. "Music" (contains elements of "Give It 2 Me")
  20. "Candy Shop"
  21. "Material Girl"
  22. "La Vie en rose"
  23. "Unapologetic Bitch"
Encore
  1. "Holiday" (contains elements of "Take Me to the Mardi Gras")

The more I read this forum the more I feel a vast majority of its contributors are either in their late 40's or over 50.....  :D 

I mean Madge?? really?  I would rather watch GaGa and im not a fan of her either.

I think maybe i'm just a cynical fart and adverse to a lot of pop music shite...  :D

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Havors said:

The more I read this forum the more I feel a vast majority of its contributors are either in their late 40's or over 50.....  :D 

I mean Madge?? really?  I would rather watch GaGa and im not a fan of her either.

I think maybe i'm just a cynical fart and adverse to a lot of pop music shite...  :D

Be less stupid.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is there anything to base this on?

Nothing on the twitters, bar some random soil-taster.

some random posted it in the bst thread on here.

Could well be bollocks, no idea. Then again, it does seem madge is gearing up for some activity, so I wouldn';t be too surprised if there's something to it.

I’d love her to be there, but think it’s highly, highly unlikely.

She’s no form with headlining festivals in the past. 
She rinses fans with the prices of her live shows. 
Didn’t Emily deny that she’d been booked earlier as well?

Love to be proved wrong but can’t see it. More chance of The Strokes (who I still don’t expect to be there).