2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, CJTM said:

You can go for Bob Smith's sweaty arse to close out your Glastonbury 2019, or you can trade it all, in for what's in this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka3cV4VDApI

hqdefault.jpg

I clicked on the link and, although I'm looking forward to The Cure, please do sign me up for some Slipknot thanks.

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Someone's just posted in another thread that madge is doing wembley.

Not sure if that would make her more likely or rule her out entirely cos she's doing big-money shows.

Aye could go either way that as Sheeran and the Foos etc (not to mention Adele) still played even though they had Wembley/stadium shows and others like ACDC or the Roses wouldn't do it cos they wanted the £££. Still leaves us with no clue. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, djdavejohnson said:

It's getting far too quiet in this thread considering third headliner is still pretty wide open. I'm still hoping the second is too, although I appreciate I'm clutching. Stormzy though! Ahem. I won't be there I don't think, but glad he's being given the opportunity. 

Emily, Michael. I can happily be elsewhere. But please don't let it be The Cure. And please don't let it be The Strokes. 

Why are you so obsessed with The Cure not headlining? Bare weird.

16 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Aye could go either way that as Sheeran and the Foos etc (not to mention Adele) still played even though they had Wembley/stadium shows and others like ACDC or the Roses wouldn't do it cos they wanted the £££. Still leaves us with no clue. 

If true then at least we'll know she's active this summer, which means she's in contention.

1 minute ago, Chef said:

Whats the general feeling on Madge in terms of interest?

Personally I couldn't think of anyone worse but am I in the minority?  

I wouldn't pay the huge prices she charges for her own gigs but I would definitely see her at Glastonbury. She's the god damn queen of pop!

A trio of Stormzy - Madge - Cure suddenly looks much better.

Edited by Hugh Jass

7 minutes ago, Chef said:

Only a handful of big artists remaining yet to appear on that stage. She’s near the top of that small list. If she fancies it, can rinse the field. 

Edited by Wooderson

33 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

I'd love to see Madge there but she may have priced herself out. Would assume she would do a hits based set rather than her usual new stuff she has been doing recently. 

2 minutes ago, Birra Moretti said:

I'd love to see Madge there but she may have priced herself out. Would assume she would do a hits based set rather than her usual new stuff she has been doing recently. 

I seen her for free at Murrayfield in 2012(?) when the promoter cocked up by releasing a link for competition winners to everyone. I snapped up 3 free tickets and drove up to Edinburgh for a free gig. She was great to be fair to her but she did play a lot of new stuff (at that time) and a lot of her hits were all mashed up or little snippets. If she did a full hits based set she would go down a storm. 

20 minutes ago, Chef said:

I'd be delighted. An absolute bucketful of great tunes and a nicely evolved career that never really stood still. A true pop icon for me.

26 minutes ago, Chef said:

My housemate declined my invitation to join our Glastonbury crew. He'll be crying into his cornflakes with Vogue on repeat if she gets announced

I wonder if Emily's "oh we've got a couple of lads" was phrased that way because a couple of the three headlines are male acts, but the other is female. It would only really make sense to phrase it like that if the female act was HUGE....like Madonna sized huge. But I can't keep up as to a) if we think whoever the third act is is replacing Maca or if he was near booked all along and b) when Emily made the "couple of lads comments". If it was way before she said Madonna wasn't booked then it doesn't make sense....does it? Fuck knows, my brain hurts.

Personally, although I have no great love for Madonna, I would 100% go and see her. Probably wouldn't see the Cure, and definitely wouldn't see the Strokes. Even writing it feels wrong though. Like she's too big or some shit (and ruled out by Emily, or not, I can't remember and like I said, my brain hurts)

Based on the fact that this thread now has a tendency to be dominated by a different specific artist each day, can I suggest that the first poster of the day start their post like Jesse from The Fast Show.by saying "Today I will mainly be speculating about "enter artist of choice"

• Upvote 2