2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

7 hours ago, H.M.V said:

We spend a lot of time discussing who will be on the Pyramid whilst saying we'd rather be somewhere else. 

And that sums up the joy of this forum. The headliner thread is now over 700 posts and yet the majority of folks on these boards are more than happy to be elsewhere. Is it time resurrect that 'how many pyramid headliners have you seen' thread?

9 minutes ago, kalifire said:

If it’s her, they should put her fee on the screens as a countdown that starts the second her set begins. It’ll give people something to be interested in when she plays anything from 2000 onwards.

I... 

*checks when Ray of Light was released*

Agree. 

So, I must admit I have struggled to regularly keep up with 700+ pages of posts on this subject, but just to check I am right, we are now pretty clear that the headliners are:

1. Stormzy
  2. Any 2 of: The Cure, Paul McCartney, Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Wonder, Madonna, Foals, Janet Jackson, the Strokes, Lady Gaga, the Killers, Arctic Monkeys, the Spice Girls, Mumford & Sons, Kings of Leon, Bon Jovi, the 1975, Daft Punk, Drake, Oasis, the Who, the Sugababes, Abba, Oxide & Neutrino, the Macc Lads, Howard off the Halifax commercials, Orville & Cuddles, Fur-Q, Rolf Harris, Peppa Pig, Robert Mugabe, that woman that put a cat in a wheelie bin that time, or Coldplay.

Getting excited now!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Abbathehorse said:

So, I must admit I have struggled to regularly keep up with 700+ pages of posts on this subject, but just to check I am right, we are now pretty clear that the headliners are:

1. Stormzy
  2. Any 2 of: The Cure, Paul McCartney, Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Wonder, Madonna, Foals, Janet Jackson, the Strokes, Lady Gaga, the Killers, Arctic Monkeys, the Spice Girls, Mumford & Sons, Kings of Leon, Bon Jovi, the 1975, Daft Punk, Drake, Oasis, the Who, the Sugababes, Abba, Oxide & Neutrino, the Macc Lads, Howard off the Halifax commercials, Orville & Cuddles, Fur-Q, Rolf Harris, Peppa Pig, Robert Mugabe, that woman that put a cat in a wheelie bin that time, or Coldplay.

Getting excited now!

Well it's definitely not gonna be McCartney as he's in the US and it definitely is gonna be The Cure and The Strokes.

26 minutes ago, Abbathehorse said:

1. Stormzy

Getting excited now!

I think Rolf still has a booking elsewhere doesn't he?

Other than that, all good. :D 

23 hours ago, Kinkyinuit said:

I heard he was booked but then pulled out because of the reception that Jay-Z got when he was booked OR it had gotten out that he was playing before it was official so didn't want to do it.  Either way, it was a great loss.

As for The Rolling Stones, I don't know why other than it's The Rolling bloody Stones and can command a higher price (despite not needing it)

Cheers for that man. 

Not a fan of the stones at all but that's a shame about Prince, he would have been good.