2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

13 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Currently watching a showreel of dance acts at Glasto, it's a real (admittedly, solo) party at HQ Tonight. Anyhow, that couple of blokes comment. We might just Get Lucky you know. Saturday night headliner, broadcast Around the World. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger. 

Believe.

Followed by this later on? ;)

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Kasabian headlined Glastonbury 2014.

Was inevitable and happened at just the right time for them. Thankfully won’t ever happen again. The Strokes should’ve headlined over a decade ago, but they didn’t for one reason or another (weren’t asked? £££?)  and now them topping the bill would look silly, especially paired with Stormzy and The Cure. No way would the festival take that gamble - having two lesser headliners is fine but there needs to be some bang for your buck there and The Strokes in 2019 ain’t that. 

Well I didnt think I'd mention it before because it seemed like their was no chance, but now that it came up it may be right. 

A friend of mine works with a really well connected robot in the music industry (he's called synth478) but he said it was Daft Punk headlining 2019. IDK could be bollocks.

• Upvote 2

We spend a lot of time discussing who will be on the Pyramid whilst saying we'd rather be somewhere else. Anyhoo, I've yet to see a Pyramid headliner for more than 2 songs before I dash to something infinitely more interesting dahling. 

I'm still on the Gaga train. I'm a huge convert, I used to loathe her but I just think she's the bee's knees now. So please be Gaga. 

(I still and forever more will utterly loathe Paloma Faith with every inch of my hatred) 

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I love how universally every festival rumour board has given up with Daft Punk after 10 years of touring rumours

There was a glimmer of hope a few years back when Neil mentioned he’d heard a Daft Punk rumour. 

Said rumour was quashed pretty sharpish though and the dream remained a dream. 

Anyway can’t be them this year as I don’t have a ticket. 

19 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Swedge's current list of "realistic" Pyramid headliner preference order;

1. Stevie Wonder

2. Fleetwood Mac

3. Madonna

4. The Strokes

5. Lady Gaga

6. The Killers

7. Kings of Leon

8. Mumford & Sons

9. Pablo Honey

On my list Pablo Honey moves up to a solid five.