2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

She said two males: Stormzy and Stevie Wonder.

Didn’t seem like bands were included.

I don’t know what The Cure identify as so I don’t know. They seem like they are men anyhow.

She said “we’ve got a couple of blokes headlining”. I personally feel like it’s a bit of a stretch to say two of the headliners are male solo artists, especially in the context which was probably just saying ‘we have men headlining’.

14 hours ago, donshakey said:

Maybe Lindsey Bucks was the money hungry one who said no to GF previously. Now he's gone the rest of the babe may be more eager?!

I thought he was busy on some side project and some of the others decided they didn't want to wait?  Which makes it seem like the others are the ones who were desperate for more wedge.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

She said “we’ve got a couple of blokes headlining”. I personally feel like it’s a bit of a stretch to say two of the headliners are male solo artists, especially in the context which was probably just saying ‘we have men headlining’.

A small part of me is holding on to the hope that the "couple of blokes" are Daft Punk.  I know there's no basis for this hope but I can dream.

19 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I thought he was busy on some side project and some of the others decided they didn't want to wait?  Which makes it seem like the others are the ones who were desperate for more wedge.

Yes he was still touring solo when FM tour set out last year so that’s definitely what it was.

Seems petty as shit to turf out a band member over that but he’s supposedly been paid handsomely so I guess he’s not too put out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Yes he was still touring solo when FM tour set out last year so that’s definitely what it was.

Seems petty as shit to turf out a band member over that but he’s supposedly been paid handsomely so I guess he’s not too put out.

I get the impression they wanted him out anyway and used that as an excuse. 

On 2/3/2019 at 12:10 PM, henry bear said:

:lol: - that seems pretty definitive (if true)

BSR, if you were a betting man, who would you put your money on for the 2nd and 3rd Pyramid headliners?

That's from the Mail, and a couple of years old, but I think it hugely unlikely that May will be turning up on the farm anytime soon.

My bets for headliners? The Cure and ... Arctics. Though the 3rd could clearly be any of a number of acts, many of whom I'd personally prefer to AM. I do actually have a little money on Gaga, who would be a far more interesting booking, but I put that on when I thought she might be playing BST too. Seems unlikely she'd prepare a different show and come over for just one festival date, even if it is the big G. Who do you reckon?

4 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

What he would do is create an unforgettable performance for tens of thousands that didnt get the opportunity to see him 9 years ago.

Macca was hardly likely to bring a fresh set.

Of course, as with any act at Glastonbury we have the option to vote with our feet

Bobbins.

The above logic gets us Coldplay every year.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

While a world with no repeat bookings at all remains out of reach I'd much rather Stevie came back than Mumford and Sons or the Arctic Monkeys.

is the same bloke with a different set a repeat.??

he didnt play...

- maybe your baby
- you are the sunshine of my life
- i believe (when i fall in love)
- He's mistra know it all
- isnt she lovely
- keep on running
- i love every little thing about you
- boogie on reggae woman
- heaven help us all
- yester-me, yester-you, yesterday
- my cherie amour
- lately

Mumford would give his right banjo to pen one of those...
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, The-Heartbreak-Kid said:

What happened with Prince again? Was he booked and then he decided not to do it?

Also why did the stones get a higher price than anyone for?

I heard he was booked but then pulled out because of the reception that Jay-Z got when he was booked OR it had gotten out that he was playing before it was official so didn't want to do it.  Either way, it was a great loss.

As for The Rolling Stones, I don't know why other than it's The Rolling bloody Stones and can command a higher price (despite not needing it)

9 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

is the same bloke with a different set a repeat.??

he didnt play...

- maybe your baby
- you are the sunshine of my life
- i believe (when i fall in love)
- He's mistra know it all
- isnt she lovely
- keep on running
- i love every little thing about you
- boogie on reggae woman
- heaven help us all
- yester-me, yester-you, yesterday
- my cherie amour
- lately

Mumford would give his right banjo to pen one of those...

Tbh I wouldn't really gave a monkeys if his set was largely identical. It was nearly 10 years ago now.

This whole repeat bookings thing can go one of two ways.

You either get Arctic Monkeys or Muse stinking the place out every 5 years.

Or you can have acts like The Chemical Brothers putting on the set of the weekend every time they pop down. 

Stevie would be firmly in the rip-it-up camp and 9 years is enough time that you could have a field full of people who weren’t there the first time.