2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, Keithy said:

If Fleetwood Mac ever do Glastonbury, it'll be 2020 as Micheals retirement present (if he keeps to his suggestion that he'll formally hand the festival over to Emily then).

But I can't see them ever doing it.

Wonder how much Mick will charge for that selfie. 

2 hours ago, Keithy said:

If Fleetwood Mac ever do Glastonbury, it'll be 2020 as Micheals retirement present (if he keeps to his suggestion that he'll formally hand the festival over to Emily then).

I'd have thought if ever they'll do it, it'll be this year, given their playing the UK 10 days prior to the festival. Good chance they'll not be back in the UK for at least 3 or 4 years. I agree though, I can't see it happening.

4 hours ago, Keithy said:

I think if they don’t do it this year or next, it’ll never happen. I definitely think ME will give it one last try. 

They’re very active this year and playing festivals, and the last date before they tour Australia is in the UK, a couple of weeks before Glastonbury. I don’t know whether there’s any seriousness to the rumour they’re playing, but they must be contenders. 

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

How come Lorde is allowed to flop upwards and no one else is?

Flop upwards? Since last Glasto she’s only got bigger? Melodrama was Grammy nominated and she capped off a pretty big tour.

yeah she hasn’t touched the same commercial success as royals but she’s cemented herself as a credible music act, a fantastic live performer and capable of putting some pretty impressive material out there.

Her time in the super mainstream circles was limited because she’s not for that crowd, and she doesn’t want to make music for that crowd.

10 hours ago, Keithy said:

I've never said they're his favourite band but it is the one he's always wanted. They've paid extra before (Stones) so if they were to play, 2020 would be the logical one given Micheal is on record as saying 2020 is his last one.

Was there not talk Michael gave up on fleetwood Mac because he didn’t think anyone still cared about them? I’ve definitely never heard him say they’re the one he’s always wanted

5 minutes ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

Was there not talk Michael gave up on fleetwood Mac because he didn’t think anyone still cared about them? I’ve definitely never heard him say they’re the one he’s always wanted

I had a convo with michael around a decade ago, when I had Fleetwood Mac rumoured on here as playing.

Michael told me that they weren't, and said something like "no one cares about them any more, do they?"

(this was just before there was suddenly greater interest in them, via Glee, I think).

9 hours ago, kalifire said:

I think if they don’t do it this year or next, it’ll never happen. I definitely think ME will give it one last try. 

They’re very active this year and playing festivals, and the last date before they tour Australia is in the UK, a couple of weeks before Glastonbury. I don’t know whether there’s any seriousness to the rumour they’re playing, but they must be contenders. 

Last time I thought they might have done all the UK shows and played the following year but they just took more shows again. 

As long as Michael can try I think he will but by next year I think they'd have to accept a fee maybe around what The Stones did presuming Eavis would pay it. 

I may be wrong but part of why we have Stormzy this year in a year before the 50th maybe not only as it gives a British rapper the chance but he would have been dirt cheap which gives them more in the pot to use next year.

If they aren't this year either FM or AM stepping in then I think we could see Macca, FM and Arctics next year. Still can't see Coldplay involved but not topping it mind.

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

I know betting odds generally mean nothing but skybet's market was taken off again yesterday afternoon.

It's now back up and Madonna is 1/5 (9/2 24 hours earlier), even above The Cure.

Must have some pretty solid information to get above the The Cure.

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Must have some pretty solid information to get above the The Cure.

Or decent money. It might not take a lot but for the odds to come in that much.. but that's more than a tenner going on 

Edited by mufcok