2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Im trying not to get my hopes up for the inevitaboe disappointment but Fleetwood Mac would be the best headliner for me. Bang a full set of hits out, would be a brilliant sing along, great for TV as well, thinknits the best case scenario if they can agree on a fee. 

Recent setlists are spot on. Just bang Albatross on as a stage intro then you have:

The Chain

Little Lies

Dreams

Second Hand News

Say You Love Me

Black Magic Woman

Everywhere

Rhiannon

Tell Me All The Things You Do

World Turning

Gypsy

Oh Well

Dont Dream its Over

Landslide

Hold Me

Monday Morning

You Make Loving Fun

Gold Dust Woman

Go Your Own Way

Free Falling

Dont Stop

All Over Again

Get Never Going Back Again in there and maybes knock the covers out for Tusk, Seven Wonders, Love Shines and The Green Manilishi. Be spot on though dont see them adding anynore Peter Green era sfuff in tbf. 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

A giant, you say?

A giant Wellend.

What an awesome sight they'll be smashing it off The Other in the morning sun, the giant next door happily bashing two tree trunks onto the poo-sucker lorry to get a sort of rhythm going. 

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I mean it would be pretty easy to disregard this. But say for example it is

Friday Pyramid; Stormzy, Lorde

Saturday Pyramid: Fleetwood Mac, Janet Jackson

Sunday Pyramid: The Cure, Christine & The Queens

I mean... no ones tour dates really rule that out do they? Saturday would be arguably the most star studded top 2 The pyramid has ever seen though. Plus Christine into The Cure would be great!

I mean. It doesn’t fit with a lot of stuff we’ve heard but we can’t exactly rule it out can we?

also lorde said that her Glastonbury gig in 2017 was one of her favourite shows she’s ever done. Plus melodrama is the best pop album I’ve heard in years. 

id love to believe this is true

That would be a real turnaround in fortune given the current state of affairs. That's a really interesting set of subs and FM would be a legendary Pyramid moment.

My interest in the top half of the card has wained massively in recent weeks but that would pull me right back in.

The Lorde suggestion is really fascinating. That would be a tremendous booking. 

3 hours ago, briddj said:

It was ridiculous on the Other in 2017 when he hadn't built up his profile off his solo record, they won't put him on that stage again I agree.

I don't see why people are changing the places that we are fairly sure certain acts are playing. Christine won't be subbing Pyramid, you can tell that just from Parklife. Liam is Stormzy sub unless Gambino said yes which then would make him Sunday sub as he'll be kept away from Saturday. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Rumours. 

Get to bed, Swedge! ?

Just catching up here, but:

Did I imagine seeing a tweet from Lorde as recently as this week saying how she was having some much needed time off after a massive world tour?

I know June is still a bit off yet, but is she really gonna get on a plane from NZ, along with all her band, crew, stage gubbins, for 80 minutes at the farm and not that much £££ for all involved?

29 minutes ago, Keithy said:

If Fleetwood Mac ever do Glastonbury, it'll be 2020 as Micheals retirement present (if he keeps to his suggestion that he'll formally hand the festival over to Emily then).

But I can't see them ever doing it.

After all this time they’ll just play as a present to Michael? :D

Tbh I don’t think there’s much of a handover left to be done,