2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

14 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

There’s no way Robyn is doing this. I actually don’t think she’ll be there (but mainly because I want it sooooo much).

We could have Chris, Cardi B and JJ subbing tho, no? 

This info has allowed me to dream of the Mac again. More likely than Gaga imho.

Sounds great. Jesus Jones on the same bill as The Cure. Just like 1990 all over again!

Stormzy v Liam aint the worst idea. Would split the fields really well and Stormzy aint gonna get a massive crowd anyway but itll be alright for what it is. 

Dont really see a big group of Oasis fans digging Stormzys music or vice versa so might help easing massive crowds crossing each other if you had for example people leaving from Liam to see something else and then a load of Stormzy fans coming in. 

Good alternative for those who have no interest in Stormzy as well. 

If the info of all three female subs is indeed correct you could do something like Lauren Hill into Stormzy, Lana Del Rey into Fleetwood Mac and then say Wolf Alice into The Cure (or whatever alternatives they get). That would work well for most people I would imagine, you getting a diverse group of music, a fair split on gender off the musicians and mix of legendary, established and coming through bands. 

Dont think itll be that exact set up Ive used as an example but id take something similar tbf. 

Then you can do Liam Gallagher, Chemical brothers and The Streets on the Other and it would likely get a good balance of crowds with everything else thats on. 

Edited by chatty

Like him or loathe him, Liam will draw a huge crowd. I'm not sure going up against Stormzy would be wise, some of the other suggested Other headliners would be better placed against Stormzy.

I also think, given the choice, Liam would opt to sub him as well.

12 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Is it just me or (efests) have things got more exciting, rumour-wise with suggestions of Lorde/Mac/Robyn/Gaga(dream coming back alive) etc.?

This place isn't good for the soul.

If it's 3 female's subbing, you can almost guarantee one is Dua Lipa...I'm not convinced she won't be one yet. Robyn is very unlikely and Lords ain't happening, she'd dropped down lineups the year after playing Glastonbury.

11 hours ago, theevilfridge said:

The more I think about Lorde being part of the info I got the more it seems like the person chucked her name out when asked to elaborate on the three subs being female. Sort of thing someone not obsessed with every single act’s touring plans like we are on here would think was feasible enough for the slot. And then obvs that throws doubt on the whole thing.

Fair play for your into but I reckon most of it is just spun out guess work.

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I guess it could fit with the Wolf Alice turning it down info, in that they could have shifted Liam to Other stage headliner and got a new female sub to replace him, presumably Lorde. I can't really see that happening but I guess it's possible.

Liams crowd on Other would be ridiculous!, Stormzy would suffer big time and they aren't going to do it.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I did a GIS for a photo of Lammo and Liam together, but this came up instead and now I need to share the wealth

p05b5lp9.jpg

"Hello middle-aged, middle of the road Richard, this is slightly older Richard. I just wanted to tell you not to worry, you'll get a job on the radio and you can play indie music each day, every day until your heart's content"

14 hours ago, theevilfridge said:

Right, I realise I’ve never had any info before (other than Eoin Loveless telling me last year that Drenge hadn’t been booked at that point but were hoping for the call after they announced their new album and shit like that), but one of my mates piped up in the group chat the other day and is now happy for me to spill the beans. His words:

”So my new flatmate has a friend who books bands/ is an owner of a music company. She said she knew Paul McCartney pulled out months ago as he said he’d booked an US date, and they’d had fleetwood Mac at arms length.

And like a significant company, she also knows the people who manage 1975 and pale waves and organised their recent tour

So it’s not like “my mate owns a music company” but it’s in an office in slough

Apparently it’s all female subs on the pyramid, with Liam headlining other on Friday“

Then he came back later after talking to her again:

”Source is the booking agent of the 1975, who are not playing this year, playing 2020”

(I don’t think he knew the 1975 were ruled out by other gigs anyway)

Next message:

“And that large bets have been placed by music heads on fleetwood, which is why odds are low”

And then finally he came back again today to say Foals will play a secret set (seems pretty likely) and that Lorde is one of the Pyramid subs. We pointed out Lorde isn’t touring and has no new music since she subbed Other, so he went back and they said she’s doing it as a one-off.

I realise this is all very Chinese whispers, and the Lorde info seems duff and casts even more doubt (if it was needed) on the rest of it, but just thought I’d share, what with that other industry guy mentioning them at the Fat Whites gig too from a few pages back.

I’ve asked if she has any info for things that haven’t been announced yet but will be soon so we can verify, but nothing forthcoming as yet.

14 hours ago, theevilfridge said:

Oh, I forgot a little bit of it:

”Also it’s just the manner in which she said. She said I’m going Glastonbury too! As we were talking about bands. And she said she knew the headliners. Then hesitated and was like do you want me to tell you. Then said The Cure, Stormzy, at which I was like oh she’s knows same as me, then said Fleetwood Mac“

I mean it would be pretty easy to disregard this. But say for example it is

Friday Pyramid; Stormzy, Lorde

Saturday Pyramid: Fleetwood Mac, Janet Jackson

Sunday Pyramid: The Cure, Christine & The Queens

I mean... no ones tour dates really rule that out do they? Saturday would be arguably the most star studded top 2 The pyramid has ever seen though. Plus Christine into The Cure would be great!

I mean. It doesn’t fit with a lot of stuff we’ve heard but we can’t exactly rule it out can we?

also lorde said that her Glastonbury gig in 2017 was one of her favourite shows she’s ever done. Plus melodrama is the best pop album I’ve heard in years. 

id love to believe this is true