2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Oh, I forgot a little bit of it:

”Also it’s just the manner in which she said. She said I’m going Glastonbury too! As we were talking about bands. And she said she knew the headliners. Then hesitated and was like do you want me to tell you. Then said The Cure, Stormzy, at which I was like oh she’s knows same as me, then said Fleetwood Mac“

Lorde would surely need new material to sub, and even then her positioning there would be questionable.

Other two female subs..? Janet and ?

Fleetwood had been in my head for a while even before the new rumours just because they seem like the only act currently on the road who could come close to filling Macca’s boots. Still dubious though.

Liam on Other seems weird as he seems like the perfect act to go on pre-Stormzy. Putting them on at the same time seems daft.

A lot there that seems off so not really buying it.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Or maybe 2019 is the year they just stack the Pymild with women. Fuck Vampire Weekend off to the John Peel Tent and load up the 'mid with Robyn, Lorde, Janet Jackson, Jorja Smith, Kylie and Fleetwood Mac.

Would be a top move. Festivals are having an off year across the board so you're not really competing with anyone, good time to pull a positive step like that. Same with Stormzy headlining. 

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Or maybe 2019 is the year they just stack the Pymild with women. Fuck Vampire Weekend off to the John Peel Tent and load up the 'mid with Robyn, Lorde, Janet Jackson, Jorja Smith, Kylie and Fleetwood Mac.

The one-two punch of Confidence Man then Charli XCX opening up the whole popsicle stand on Friday. And surely there's room for Erykah Badu 4th down. Carly Rae Jepsen's got a home on the big pointy lad for sure.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Lorde would fucking own 

I missed her slot last year for Paak, but let's be real: on the telly it looked like a tour de force.

It certainly was, well worth missing Thom Yorkes yodeling session that kicked off Radiohead’s set. 

She was unbelievable, I remember having goosebumps by the end of green light 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Can't see Lorde popping up. She's been pretty open about spending time back home and living her life for a bit. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd REALLY love it. I missed her set as it was sandwiched between Radiohead and The xx but I just can't see it. 

Me neither. If she was UK based then sure, but it’s hard to imagine she’d come all this way for a one-off non-headline slot. *waits for someone who knows what they’re talking about to tell me she lives in Somerset or something*

Just now, Stuielooie said:

You can rule Foals out well and truly. Looks nailed they are headlining Truck, and I don't think Glastonbury would want to share a headliner this year with Truck festival.

Don't think anyone thought they were even close to headlining Glastonbury...? 

Just now, henry bear said:

Me neither. If she was UK based then sure, but it’s hard to imagine she’d come all this way for a one-off non-headline slot. *waits for someone who knows what they’re talking about to tell me she lives in Somerset or something*

Exactly. She's back in New Zealand and this is what she posted a month or two back... Sounds pretty definitive!

Hello my dear email friends,

As you know, I don’t really have social media anymore, but I wanted to share some pictures and thoughts from the end of tour with you.

Eyeris counted up 116 performances this tour. That includes shows, festivals, radio thingies, TV performances... holy shit I have no idea how we did all those bloody performances! And now it’s the end, and I’m caught in an overwhelming mix of relief, gratitude, mourning, elation, and exhaustion. As I sit at home at my kitchen table with the dog under my feet and the doors wide open, I’m thankful to be back where I feel most like myself, but also a little spooked to think it will be a while before we see each again, formally. I had gotten used to meeting you all over the world, all those countries, faces, voices. Every show was different in its beauty, every jet-lagged night as freshly excruciating as the first time... Tour is no joke, it takes so much from you, but is the absolute brightest time. I’ve never felt richer than in those moments with you, all of us heaving to Green Light, or singing Writer together, or Supercut. The way you took this record and made it yours will be a highlight of my life forever.

So really, this little note is just to say thankyou. Thankyou for continuing to change my life, year after year; for living inside the work that I make; for always being ready for what’s round the corner.

I haven’t started properly on the next record yet, and I’m not sure how long it’ll be. But I’ve been teaching myself how to play piano, and here and there little bits come out. I think this next one will probably be born around the piano in my house, me and my friends, keeping it simple. But we’ll see.

I love you so much. Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. I’ll try drop in from time to time here with a photo or something, let you know that I’m okay. But know that for now I’m happy here at home, living quietly and simply, eating toast, going for walks, swimming. And you’ll hear all about it soon enough.

OH and also, I’m going to try make a couple of t-shirts or sweaters, to celebrate the end. You know how useless I am, but keep your eyes peeled for those.

Ok. That’s all for now. I really love you.

E xxxxx