2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Fucking hell it's not a Snow Patrol hint, calm down you crazies.

Shit like this is why I always take the stairs. Some people tell me my minor fear of lifts is irrational, but I don't see anything irrational about minimising one's risk of exposure to Snow Patrol.

Comparisons to Coldplay can get to fuck as well, even at their worst Coldplay don't even come close to the depths of Snow Patrol.

Music to listen to while watching a video of yourself washing your Ford Mondeo while listening to Snow Patrol. 

But yeah, fuck lifts. The thought of getting stuck in one makes my bum go funny, and not in the good way. 

4 minutes ago, Woffy said:

But yeah, fuck lifts. The thought of getting stuck in one makes my bum go funny, and not in the good way. 

When I was about 19 I got stuck in three lifts for a long period of time in the space of only a couple of days. I'm smarter now. The worst incident was being at work, two of us with a big truck full of beer kegs in a lift, so there was only just room for us to stand up with our backs perfectly flat against the wall. About 5 goddamn hours in a metal box, impervious to mobile phone signal, stood completely upright, waiting for somebody to realise we were missing and work out that we were stuck in a lift in an area of the hotel that wasn't in use. Obviously got told off for it as well. Still makes steam come out my ears to this day.

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

When I was about 19 I got stuck in three lifts for a long period of time in the space of only a couple of days. I'm smarter now. The worst incident was being at work, two of us with a big truck full of beer kegs in a lift, so there was only just room for us to stand up with our backs perfectly flat against the wall. About 5 goddamn hours in a metal box, impervious to mobile phone signal, stood completely upright, waiting for somebody to realise we were missing and work out that we were stuck in a lift in an area of the hotel that wasn't in use. Obviously got told off for it as well. Still makes steam come out my ears to this day.

Reading that makes my shit itch. 

I used to work in Safeway’s. And you could stop the lift between floors (from the shop up to the multi-story car park) by pulling the doors apart. We would then consume beers and snacks we’d regularly / previoysly placed / hidden on the i-beams in the lift shaft. One time the lift didn’t restart and we needed to wait for the lift engineer to be called out. A sort of pissed claustrophobia took over and the whole sorry scenario ended with a sacking. 

I went and got a job at Nevada Bob’s golf emporium and just got drunk there all summer instead. 

Moral of the story? Spice Girls is never gonna happen lads. 

10 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Could you not go out the top Die Hard style?

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Could you not go out the top Die Hard style?

4 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

This is incredible stuff, I'm in awe.

I was with a lad called Malcolm whose name badge read ‘Malcoln’ and he had an unhealthy obsession with sharks. I lacked decent back up. 

Snow Patrol won’t play either. 

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

How did you get a truck in a lift?

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Gaga doing *that* bit of Shallow, there's yer Glastonbury Moment®

Albeit a fairly short one.

I honestly think her collaboration with Chris Brown in 2013 despite clearly knowing what was going on limits her chances. I could be way off the mark but Glasto have a brand image to protect.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hell naw.  Not when an actual wife-beater like Flava Flav still gets the call up.

*nods gravely*

It's just a sad truth that in the music industry a lot of people are pieces of shit, especially the more famous ones. Gaga's questionable conduct, whilst certainly shitty behaviour, is nothing beyond what a lot of past performers have got up to.

9 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

*nods gravely*

It's just a sad truth that in the music industry a lot of people are pieces of shit, especially the more famous ones. Gaga's questionable conduct, whilst certainly shitty behaviour, is nothing beyond what a lot of past performers have got up to.

Lord knows what might be revealed if the Me Too movement gets to grips with the music industry. 

Right, I realise I’ve never had any info before (other than Eoin Loveless telling me last year that Drenge hadn’t been booked at that point but were hoping for the call after they announced their new album and shit like that), but one of my mates piped up in the group chat the other day and is now happy for me to spill the beans. His words:

”So my new flatmate has a friend who books bands/ is an owner of a music company. She said she knew Paul McCartney pulled out months ago as he said he’d booked an US date, and they’d had fleetwood Mac at arms length.

And like a significant company, she also knows the people who manage 1975 and pale waves and organised their recent tour

So it’s not like “my mate owns a music company” but it’s in an office in slough

Apparently it’s all female subs on the pyramid, with Liam headlining other on Friday“

Then he came back later after talking to her again:

”Source is the booking agent of the 1975, who are not playing this year, playing 2020”

(I don’t think he knew the 1975 were ruled out by other gigs anyway)

Next message:

“And that large bets have been placed by music heads on fleetwood, which is why odds are low”

And then finally he came back again today to say Foals will play a secret set (seems pretty likely) and that Lorde is one of the Pyramid subs. We pointed out Lorde isn’t touring and has no new music since she subbed Other, so he went back and they said she’s doing it as a one-off.

I realise this is all very Chinese whispers, and the Lorde info seems duff and casts even more doubt (if it was needed) on the rest of it, but just thought I’d share, what with that other industry guy mentioning them at the Fat Whites gig too from a few pages back.

I’ve asked if she has any info for things that haven’t been announced yet but will be soon so we can verify, but nothing forthcoming as yet.

• Upvote 1