2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

25 minutes ago, chatty said:

How did we end up back on Madonna and Fleetwood Mac etc after ruling them out months ago. 

Somebody claimed to have heard Madonna was the last headliner so it got us to momentarily get our hopes up for something better than the bloody Strokes. Things might’ve changed since that Emily interview if Macca has pulled out. And Fleetwood Mac’s tour dates fit in quite nicely so they’re always gonna be brought up until we get the announcement.

edit: oh and somebody claimed to have heard from somebody at a Fat White Family gig that the third headliner was Fleetwood.

Edited by FloorFiller

11 hours ago, Martin Ashford said:

I personally think Bon Jovi would be a great booking. They have a huge back catalogue of solid singalong classics. They are ridiculously professional as a feel good live act. No, they are not to everyone's taste but they would be well suited to a late afternoon slot. It would have to be the Pyramid. Their last tour was one of the most profitable ever (yes, I read those industry lists too) so Pyramid or nothing. Cetainly a lot more fun than The Cure.

It's a game of opinions but please God not bon jovi ?

22 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

You’re safe, looks like they’ve fallen on hard times according to Google, no chance of being headliners:

B72F5906-69C4-456C-9464-E6B2049C8A3D.png

I live in Rochdale.... the Empire was a right dive when I was young. I believe it's had a paint job, but still full of people from Rochdale.

Still too good for Bon Jovi though.

• Upvote 2

Wow, google's a bit shit, I clicked on the first link

Content navigation bar

Bon Jovi
Bon JoviEvents16 Mar • Chesterfield

Search Results

data=hhC7LgAEdvzASs8wucaiGlITM3Z3QZ4y9Ds
image.png.c9b6d2650111345bd6399dc3024adfb5.png

Wrong Jovi
Saturday, 16 March 2019, 20:00
Source: bandsintown.com

I think we have to remember the demographics of the glastonbury crowd when it comes to booking bands. Anything from young kids to pensioners. That makes it unique and with so many stages there is room for a wide range of acts. With stormzy and the cure (possibly) then a big American act such as gaga would be a great balance as wouldothers such as  Fleetwood mac. Just like Adele and sherrin in recent times. The brilliant thing is that there is always alternatives and those annoying clashes. 

2 minutes ago, suzie sue said:

I had heard from someone who knows the family that its fleetwood mac and spice girls, at the time I thought thats bollocks, but perhaps looking more likely now that others have been ruled out.

I would say the chance of it being both of them is zero, especially with Kylie taking the legend slot which is the only place I could see the Spice Girls

11 minutes ago, suzie sue said:

I had heard from someone who knows the family that its fleetwood mac and spice girls, at the time I thought thats bollocks, but perhaps looking more likely now that others have been ruled out.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

If the Spice Girls play (which I can't see happening at all) they headline.

I heard a few whispers of Spice Girls a while ago but never took it seriously because, well just because. Agreed though if they do play it's to headline, but could only remotely consider that as a viable option if it included Posh. If the Pyramid is gonna continue to push other headline genres including rap etc. then I guess this doesn't get ruled out (bar any other reasons that do so like clashing tour dates etc.)

3 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

Having someone like the Spice Girls would be an ironic fun gesture - mid afternoon slot. No chance would they waste a headline slot on it. And crucially, the new dates are all about the money. Debts to pay.

Emily - "Hi girls, I know you've sold out ten stadium gigs this summer and your set would easily be the biggest this weekend in terms of crowd and press interest but would you mind playing 14.40 on Saturday afternoon for an hour?"

• Upvote 4