2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

I still think Gaga is most likely. The lack of solid gossip tends to point to an overseas act, her residency finishes just before Glastonbury. I still think her June-Oct gap is going to be a European tour to replace her cancelled one. And she has an album out this year.

Tour and Glastonbury announced mid Feb, new album in the summer. That's my bet.

22 minutes ago, Keithy said:

I still think Gaga is most likely. The lack of solid gossip tends to point to an overseas act, her residency finishes just before Glastonbury. I still think her June-Oct gap is going to be a European tour to replace her cancelled one. And she has an album out this year.

I agree. I think its gotta be Gaga. 

25 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Glasto as a one off makes no sense, a tour would give justification for getting a whole new show. However doesn't the residency come with some sort of restriction on other gigs, so that it retains its sense of exclusivity? 

6 hours ago, TheNoise said:

I've mentioned Bon Jovi a few times.

It didn't go down too well.

I personally think Bon Jovi would be a great booking. They have a huge back catalogue of solid singalong classics. They are ridiculously professional as a feel good live act. No, they are not to everyone's taste but they would be well suited to a late afternoon slot. It would have to be the Pyramid. Their last tour was one of the most profitable ever (yes, I read those industry lists too) so Pyramid or nothing. Cetainly a lot more fun than The Cure.

53 minutes ago, Keithy said:

On local radio tonight they had a Glastonbury story about a major female solo artist being announced. I hadn’t heard the Janet Jackson stuff so for a few moments I was very excited for Gaga - would be epic if she was announced.

4 minutes ago, twirlygirl said:

Any reasons why Glastonbury wouldn't host The Who?

If nothing else, because they've done it twice, one of them very recently.

Also it doesn't help that their last performance wasn't especially well received, including apparently by the band themselves.

47 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Glasto as a one off makes no sense, a tour would give justification for getting a whole new show. However doesn't the residency come with some sort of restriction on other gigs, so that it retains its sense of exclusivity? 

The residency restrictions are a bit unknown. People like Celine Dion had them, Britney didnt. Others have and haven't. 

Relatively speaking (compared to other residencies) Gaga doesn't actually have that many Vegas dates and she is doing other events (albeit corporate gigs).

My hunch is the Vegas residency will be like Coachella's restrictions - play no public shows in the US for a period of months. Would be surprised if the contact covers Europe too.

As her Vegas residency goes up to November, there's always the possibility the album is this autumn, and the tour and festival circuit is 2020. 

11 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Remember how ME personally drove The Killers to the JP tent for their performance then watched them in 2017?.... It was pencilled in back then...now sealed...

America act hence the lack of concrete evidence but I reckon (and hoping( they are on...

The Killers are never gonna headline Glastonbury again.

8 hours ago, Martin Ashford said:

I personally think Bon Jovi would be a great booking. They have a huge back catalogue of solid singalong classics. They are ridiculously professional as a feel good live act. No, they are not to everyone's taste but they would be well suited to a late afternoon slot. It would have to be the Pyramid. Their last tour was one of the most profitable ever (yes, I read those industry lists too) so Pyramid or nothing. Cetainly a lot more fun than The Cure.

I completely agree. Just imagine singing along to Bon Jovi then singing (droning) to The Cure. I won't be completely devastated if they're not there though, as I'm already seeing them in June. 

I like this idea of an American headliner, Gaga, Killers, whoever.

Im glad the talk has deviated back down to The Killers and Lady Gaga. Trying to give myself the lowest exoectations I can cause if I start building ny hopes uo for Fleetwood Mac and then one of the forementioned is announced then Im gonna be gutted. That said Wu Tang is a solid back up for any disappointing announcements as they come. 

How did we end up back on Madonna and Fleetwood Mac etc after ruling them out months ago.