2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I've managed to miss them every time they've toured in recent years. Twice I've had tickets but been unable to go. I've got tickets for Wembley but would much prefer to see them at Glasto instead.

Sounds like they should do it. JUST FOR YOUR SAKE!  That is a really bad run of luck!

I had been pinning my hopes on them playing Glasto and when they didn't, I eventually bit the bullet and paid a lot of money to see them at the o2 in London.  Whilst I'm glad I saw them - it was the original line up - I felt slightly disappointed.  Not least because the crowd surrounding me were box-ticking corpses confused if they played anything that didn't sound exactly like it did on the album. 

The best moments for me was when it was just Lindsay and his guitar with a vocal. 

Glasto would be special, that's for sure.

4 minutes ago, karaseen said:

Sounds like they should do it. JUST FOR YOUR SAKE!  That is a really bad run of luck!

I had been pinning my hopes on them playing Glasto and when they didn't, I eventually bit the bullet and paid a lot of money to see them at the o2 in London.  Whilst I'm glad I saw them - it was the original line up - I felt slightly disappointed.  Not least because the crowd surrounding me were box-ticking corpses confused if they played anything that didn't sound exactly like it did on the album. 

The best moments for me was when it was just Lindsay and his guitar with a vocal. 

Glasto would be special, that's for sure.

Ah but with Lindsay you don't get the sheer whatthefuckery of them dropping Crowded House songs mid-set. 

27 minutes ago, karaseen said:

But didn't they play Isle of Wight over Glasto because of the money?  Was that just a rumour (lol) - that they were offended by Glasto's fee?

I think IOW threw an insane amount of money at them for that.  I stand to be corrected on this but I think that was one of the first times that the modern FM played a festival / outdoors, so possibly it was something of a watershed in what gigs they will accept

36 minutes ago, karaseen said:

Why would anyone want to see Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey Buckingham?

I initially thought that but the reviews have been positive and the band are clearly loving it - more so than the last few tours, and straying beyond the usual suspects in the setlist. Whilst it's not an authentic FM incarnation, I'm sure those who go will have a great time. 

Don't think we'll get them though. Given they've been out of range before, can't see them filling Macca's shoes for a reduced fee now but would happily take them over some of the acts seemingly in the frame at the moment.

I am getting excited of the prospect but know it isn't going to happen. To hear Rumours tunes on the pyramid would be very good and one of the best headliners ever performed but wee are going to get Killers, Monkeys or Strokes which I dont mind but the Mac would be elite.

From what I read a while back he was sacked over his refusal to sign up to some of the tour and also his reluctance to do stuff from the pre buckingham and nicks era (or the Peter green stuff I assume). The sacking may therefore have opened up the possibility of Glastonbury happening since Emily made the comments? Peter green will obviously make an appearance too? Maybe? 

Ah the stories we tell ourselves.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

From what I read a while back he was sacked over his refusal to sign up to some of the tour and also his reluctance to do stuff from the pre buckingham and nicks era (or the Peter green stuff I assume). The sacking may therefore have opened up the possibility of Glastonbury happening since Emily made the comments? Peter green will obviously make an appearance too? Maybe? 

Ah the stories we tell ourselves.

I like your thinking and wish to subscribe to your newsletter

8 minutes ago, swede said:

Im a Heidi/Keisha/Amelle era 'babes guy myself, saw that combo at V2006 before V turned into an absolute shit show, headliners that year were Morrisey and Radiohead.

That was one of my two Sugababe live outings.

That VFestival was an important test case - to see if the two eldest Wofflings (then quite young) could handle a festival. If they passed, they got to go to Glastonbury (they did).

Regarding Lindsay Buckingham's absence. Yes his guitar work really is sublime, one of the best. But there aren't many of his songs that he solely wrote that are missed in the set. Tusk and My Little Demon for example I won't miss. Don't Stop he co-wrote with Christine etc so they still play it. You've got all of Stevie's and Christine's which, apart from his 'Go Your Own Way', tend to be better known anyway. But yes, his guitar work can never be replaced. 

22 minutes ago, Woffy said:

That VFestival was an important test case - to see if the two eldest Wofflings (then quite young) could handle a festival. If they passed, they got to go to Glastonbury (they did).

Me too, although I don’t know what 6 year old Henry Jnr made of Radiohead belting out The National Anthem et  al, whilst he was up on my shoulders. He enjoyed Beck and his puppets beforehand though