2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

i just added them.

NME have run a story in the last 24 hours that the killers currently have the bookies odds which make them most likely - and for the money to be going on them to do that, there must be something going around.

What level does a rumour have to get to for it to be given (R) status? A media outlet to publish it? A media outlet you perceive as credible? Genuine question because there's many rumours you choose to ignore (rightly so in most cases IMO). 

Edited by The Martini Police

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

i just added them.

NME have run a story in the last 24 hours that the killers currently have the bookies odds which make them most likely - and for the money to be going on them to do that, there must be something going around.

but NME just copy stuff from here ....

When Macca was ruled out I thought there was a glittering gold future in front of us where anything was possible. Could it be Gaga? Warren Ellis & The Lad Seeds? An outside bet but we know Emily digs Kung Fu Kenny? What about Beyonce coming over as a one-off? Oh my god it could be Madonna if we dream it and all chip in on the £5 mil! But no, the reality is that we're staring down the barrel of The Strokes, The Arctic Moneys, The Killers, like the last 15 years never happened. And if that's not enough for you it could be those coked up money grabbing corpses calling themselves Fleetwood Mac. Wowee.

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

When Macca was ruled out I thought there was a glittering gold future in front of us where anything was possible. Could it be Gaga? Warren Ellis & The Lad Seeds? An outside bet but we know Emily digs Kung Fu Kenny? What about Beyonce coming over as a one-off? Oh my god it could be Madonna if we dream it and all chip in on the £5 mil! But no, the reality is that we're staring down the barrel of The Strokes, The Arctic Moneys, The Killers, like the last 15 years never happened. And if that's not enough for you it could be those coked up money grabbing corpses calling themselves Fleetwood Mac. Wowee.

I mean, Stormzy and Kendrick are 'a couple of blokes'... 

41 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I think it was post mate. It was the same day Space Monkeys played Manchester Academy. Just had a look and that was Sat 3rd Nov.

The same person also said Bon Jovi were playing as well.

I've mentioned Bon Jovi a few times.

It didn't go down too well.

1 minute ago, thrillhouse188 said:

I mean, Stormzy and Kendrick are 'a couple of blokes'... 

Just a couple of good blokes who like to have a pint and watch Match Of The Day. We've got a couple of blokes this year, Emily's confirmed it, a couple of blokes down B&Q to get some wood to mend that garden fence like the missus has been nagging them to do for weeks.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Just a couple of good blokes who like to have a pint and watch Match Of The Day. We've got a couple of blokes this year, Emily's confirmed it, a couple of blokes down B&Q to get some wood to mend that garden fence like the missus has been nagging them to do for weeks.

There are actually only 2 blokes playing the entire festival, Stormzy is one, so we have one left to be announced

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

what was the record number of pages for a headliner thread ? amazing after we all thought it was done nice and early :) 

We went well over 1,000 back in 2015.

Now that was a thread - the moans about Sprinty Dave, the reaction to Kanye, the Lonsdale petition, Sprinty Dave's accident, the scrabble to find another two headliners, The Who....

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

We went well over 1,000 back in 2015.

Now that was a thread - the moans about Sprinty Dave, the reaction to Kanye, the Lonsdale petition, Sprinty Dave's accident, the scrabble to find another two headliners, The Who....

still plenty of time to beat that :) ... id iMADGEin... wonder who it will be ... id kill for the strokes  ... arctic stormzy moving in here so im off as I dont want to get stuck at Fleetwood services 

• Upvote 1

Why would anyone want to see Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey Buckingham?

I highly doubt they'll take the reduced fee given that they settled Buckingham's lawsuit out of court. That must have hurt!  If they refused once before I'm sure they would refuse more so now. 

2 minutes ago, karaseen said:

Why would anyone want to see Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey Buckingham?

I highly doubt they'll take the reduced fee given that they settled Buckingham's lawsuit out of court. That must have hurt!  If they refused once before I'm sure they would refuse more so now. 

it is another pay day they wouldn't have tho - and a chance to sell their back catalogue.

Just now, eFestivals said:

it is another pay day they wouldn't have tho - and a chance to sell their back catalogue.

But didn't they play Isle of Wight over Glasto because of the money?  Was that just a rumour (lol) - that they were offended by Glasto's fee?

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Because it's better than never seeing them at all.

It's reaching the stage with some of our favourite bands where we can't afford to be too picky in terms of lineup.

Fair enough. I wrote that on the assumption that any FM fan would have seen them by now and that Glasto would simply be a special moment.  

Just now, karaseen said:

Fair enough. I wrote that on the assumption that any FM fan would have seen them by now and that Glasto would simply be a special moment.  

I've managed to miss them every time they've toured in recent years. Twice I've had tickets but been unable to go. I've got tickets for Wembley but would much prefer to see them at Glasto instead.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Because it's better than never seeing them at all.

It's reaching the stage with some of our favourite bands where we can't afford to be too picky in terms of lineup.

I had similar issues initially with the Sugababes. Then had two versions to pick from.

Disclaimer: I have seen the Sugababes live twice.

• Upvote 1