2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Which band is overly reliant on slap-bass, wear socks on their cocks and have a track record of sexually harassing women journalists?

Level 42 and 'Thunderthumbs' Mark King - the acceptable face of slap-bass.

In terms of Stormzy’s fee I was told - by the person who told me Stormzy, The Cure and The Strokes - that he was playing for “practically free”.

Additionally, I was told yesterday, by a different person from a management company, that neither of the other headliners had been properly booked yet...

1 minute ago, LiamMcMillen said:

In terms of Stormzy’s fee I was told - by the person who told me Stormzy, The Cure and The Strokes - that he was playing for “practically free”.

Additionally, I was told yesterday, by a different person from a management company, that neither of the other headliners had been properly booked yet...

I seem to have something in my mind about him giving a fee to charity (Grenfell maybe?) I can't remember if that was last time, this year or maybe something non Glastonbury related. This thread has turned my head to mush

5 minutes ago, LiamMcMillen said:

He won't be playing for "practically free", he might be donating his fee to Grenfell or another charity but the festival will still be shelling out £250k.

At a talk in Taunton this evening, Emily Eavis has said Glastonbury have NOT booked Madonna, Fleetwood Mac or Led Zep.

#Glastonbury #Glasto

GlastoThingy twitter post from October. That is literally it in terms of ‘ruling out’ FM this year. 

Ladies and gentlemen, Fleetwood Mac are your 2019 Saturday night pyramid headliners. Or I will eat my hat. 

Speculation guess but if Stormzy and the Cure were doing it virtually for free. They could give all the allocated headline budget to Fleetwood. I imagine that’s what they must of done in 2013 with the stones (despite what jagger says). Arctic’s and Mumfords would deffo do it for free

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Speculation guess but if Stormzy and the Cure were doing it virtually for free. They could give all the allocated headline budget to Fleetwood. I imagine that’s what they must of done in 2013 with the stones (despite what jagger says). Arctic’s and Mumfords would deffo do it for free

Why would any act headline for free?

Why?

FMs tour schedule and current status (pushing a Greatest Hits) gives me some hope that it could be them.  They've got their huge money spinning show at Wembley already, and a televised Glastonbury extravaganza would give the album sale a huge boost before moving on.  I'm not saying its likely, but I don't think it would be the worst business decision in the world for them to take a lower than normal fee and headline.  IIRC they've only recently started doing outdoor shows (I think Stevie Nicks felt it affected the sound of her voice?).  They are doing festivals.

Obviously this all ignores Emily's denials, but the idea that she would have been told not to give any clues, or that negotiations were ongoing at the time, would fit my wishful narrative.

52 minutes ago, jessden89 said:

Sorry unclear but I meant the baseline fee - I meant that they definitely would pay a big established headline act like Macca or the Mac more

Macca (in 2004) did it for the standard fee.

The only act to ever reportedly get more than the standard fee was the Rolling Stones. And Fleetwood Mac aren't the Rolling Stones.

Unless the festival gets seriously desperate (doubt we're at that stage yet), Fleetwood Mac would get the same as any other headliner. Including Stormzy.

They probably could pay more, but it's just not a precedent they want to set - you can get away with doing it once, for the Stones, but any more and it'd cause them problems on an ongoing basis.

3 minutes ago, incident said:

Macca (in 2004) did it for the standard fee.

The only act to ever reportedly get more than the standard fee was the Rolling Stones. And Fleetwood Mac aren't the Rolling Stones.

Unless the festival gets seriously desperate (doubt we're at that stage yet), Fleetwood Mac would get the same as any other headliner. Including Stormzy.

They probably could pay more, but it's just not a precedent they want to set - you can get away with doing it once, for the Stones, but any more and it'd cause them problems on an ongoing basis.

Bang on

27 minutes ago, Blisterpack said:

At a talk in Taunton this evening, Emily Eavis has said Glastonbury have NOT booked Madonna, Fleetwood Mac or Led Zep.

#Glastonbury #Glasto

GlastoThingy twitter post from October. That is literally it in terms of ‘ruling out’ FM this year. 

Ladies and gentlemen, Fleetwood Mac are your 2019 Saturday night pyramid headliners. Or I will eat my hat. 

As far as "literally it" goes, Emily telling a room full of people is a pretty big it.

@crazyfool1 was there and confirmed what was said.

You may need one of these...

Screenshot_20190131-114358_Chrome.thumb.jpg.42df4282132d4906b5dcb37c00551d08.jpg