2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

6 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Emily ruled out FM so categorically I can’t imagine it would be them, but I’d be thrilled if it was. Macca pulling out may have changed the game entirely. Has Neil weighed in on this one, yet? 

Has Neil weighed in on this one yet? @eFestivals

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm afraid the money saved only covers a 7 minute meet and greet for Michael and Emily with a miserable looking Mick Fleetwood.

Photos cost extra.

Get yer own material, JassMan.

But, yes. Two people on the internet agreeing makes a nationwide consensus of opinion for these purposes.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Probably fair to assume that he's not demanded anything over and above the standard Glasto baseline fee.

Yeah but people seem to be constantly suggesting he's doing it for a knock down fee, which is more than a little insulting to him.

8 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Where's this money saving idea on Stormzy come from anyway? Are just assuming they aren't paying him the same as other headliners?..

Yes. I think it's a fair assumption. They're giving him a massive shot and taking a punt on him - he is not an established headliner

Of all the rumours kicking about at the moment, this rather shaky Mac one is the one I'd like to see. Have't seen them since Tango in the Night, and I am not fussed about the omission of Lindsay Buckingham, he's been replaced by two fine musicians in Mike Campbell and Neil Finn. Arctic Monkeys, Foals, Killers, The Strokes do nothing for me. Bring on the Mac! Even if the increasingly unlikely Gaga would be my preferred Saturday night headliner.

Emily: "Hi Stormzy, we know our standard headliner fee of £250k is less than you usually get paid for a show but..."

Stormzy: "That's okay I was already aware and I'm happy to play for that fee."

Emily: "Well I was actually going to say that we're only going to give you half of that because you're not as big as some of our other headliners."

5 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I was told a few months ago off someone who has shitloads of contacts that it was Fleetwood Mac. I did mention it on here but the consensus was there was no chance. 

As was I, way back when I thought Macca was 100% so neglected to mention it. Now starting to think it may have been right

2 minutes ago, mufcok said:

As was I, way back when I thought Macca was 100% so neglected to mention it. Now starting to think it may have been right

8 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I was told a few months ago off someone who has shitloads of contacts that it was Fleetwood Mac. I did mention it on here but the consensus was there was no chance. 

Was the pre or post Emily ruling them out?