2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

6 minutes ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

Not in a normal festival setting, that’s correct but as I pointed out, there’s nothing to say he’s playing Glastonbury for any less than any other headline artist. Every artist already takes a cut in their fee so the idea that an artist might agree to a further reduced fee is questionable at best.

Ok I'm gunna do the math though. We know that some acts DO get paid more. So for the sake of math and because I have no concept of why the ACTUAL fees are, I'm going to say the standard fee is $5 for a headliner. They know not everyone is going to play for $5 though... and they've really got $20. 

So stormzy takes the $5 because hes thrilled to get the spot. The Cure take the $5 because idk I know nothing about the Cure's motives tbh.  Now the Eavii somehow got $10 left for Macca. But shit Macca dropped out.

Fleetwood Mac said they'd do it for $20 but thats impossible. Well tell them we'll pay them $15 and coldplay can play for free next year. 

Bing bam boom. And if you got through that without questioning my mental state, *shrug*.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ya can’t just say “they should pay more for Fleetwood Mac/Madonna/etc.”. It’s a festival that has a pretty low set-fee for headliners because of all the other things it has to take into account. Using the apparent extra they forked our for the Stones doesn’t work either, because I’d guess that the band still compromised to take that fee from Glastonbury - not something every act will be willing to do.

Why don’t Y’ALL pony up and see Fleetwood Mac at their own show huh?

Egg on YOUR face! They're doing a show here in April and by that time the Glasto poster will be released and if they're not headlining I WILL pony up to see their show! 

8 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Egg on YOUR face! They're doing a show here in April and by that time the Glasto poster will be released and if they're not headlining I WILL pony up to see their show! 

:D

Honestly nobody should want Fleetwood Mac anyway. The watermarked backdrop images they’re too tight to pay for will be too distracting.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/glastonbury-2019-line-up-headliner-madonna-led-zeppelin-fleetwood-mac-ruled-out-emily-eavis-2389312 

The only way it can be them is - A - Bare faced lie from Emily or B - Macca was booked, dropped out towards the very end of 2018.. they made an attempt for Fleetwood Mac again and the offer was accepted. 

9 minutes ago, mufcok said:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/glastonbury-2019-line-up-headliner-madonna-led-zeppelin-fleetwood-mac-ruled-out-emily-eavis-2389312 

The only way it can be them is - A - Bare faced lie from Emily or B - Macca was booked, dropped out towards the very end of 2018.. they made an attempt for Fleetwood Mac again and the offer was accepted. 

u could have just linked the questions for michael eavis thread on here :) thats where nme got the info from :) 

17 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Saying they weren't booked back in October wouldn't make her a liar, more likely (if it is them) is that they've accepted later on after their Wembley shows have sold.

I'm also hoping for FM as it'll allow me to sell my Wembley ticket. The vibe will be much, much better at Glastonbury.

Cos I want them to headline I'm probably hearing into things more than I otherwise would...but Brandon Flowers from The Killers told Zane Lowe on Beats 1 recently when he asked about 2019 shows:

"Our booking agent's getting a few offers and I'm sure we'll hit a couple of 'em."

Bit of an awkward laugh first. Fully aware I am clutching at straws but so are all of us so just passin' it on...

Edited by jessden89

Very unlikely but with the rumours and information we have, something like this may not be impossible. Saving money on Stormzy means they may go for premium options. See what happens but maybe something like this. Strokes and Mac would be expensive but who knows...

Stormzy / Liam Gallagher

Fleetwood Mac / The Strokes 

The Cure / Childish Gambino

2 hours ago, gfa said:

I think its more that he is new to it all which is what i am getting at, this is his first time at glasto and i doubt his management really would be sure what the rate is if you get what I mean. He definitely wouldn’t be expensive in the first place vs Macca so if they cut a percentage he’d be cheap still

Hahahahahha what

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Very unlikely but with the rumours and information we have, something like this may not be impossible. Saving money on Stormzy means they may go for premium options. See what happens but maybe something like this. Strokes and Mac would be expensive but who knows...

Stormzy / Liam Gallagher

Fleetwood Mac / The Strokes 

The Cure / Childish Gambino

If they pony up for notoriously expensive headliners for Fleetwood Mac they're not also gonna pony up for notoriously expensive headliners The Strokes and somehow convince them to take a lower slot.

Fucking hell.

Fleetwood Mac, v3.0?

They'll add an additional £800 to everyone's ticket price come Balance Day, but throw in a 'free' photo of Mick Fleetwood wearing a solid gold overcoat stuffed with fifty pound notes, staring out of the picture at us all with utter fucking contempt.

• Upvote 3