2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

17 minutes ago, henry bear said:

All we need now is to have Kasabian enter the fray and we’ll have the unholy KKK trinity all in possible (hopefully unrealistically) contention

If you’re willing to spend a few quid on it, you can push their odds down and they’ll have their own article and everything.

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Kings Of Leon and The Killers would be much more suitable headliners than The Strokes tbf.

I mean, they're all mostly dogshit for 10+ years, but at least your average Pyramid field dweller/BBC viewer would actually know who KoL and The Killers are and more than 1 of their songs.

Why should we care about those people?

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

This may well have been raised already but if it does end up being The Strokes, maybe that wasn't the original intention, i.e. they were booked to sub Paul McCartney (or The Cure), and circumstances (i.e. a headliner dropout and no viable alternatives) resulted in a Florence-esque bunk-up?

Pretty much the ONLY way The Strokes are gonna headline Glastonbury in 2019.

17 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Remember when Janet Jackson's boob was accidentally on TV for about 1 second and the entire world lost their minds about it for about 6 months? All anybody could talk about. The news used to be quite banal before the constant existential threat of western civilisation's impending collapse.

The reaction was ridiculous- Imagine if she'd shown both! It would have been like a no deal brexit

Edited by Mr.Tease

9 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Just got back from watching the mighty Wolves smash West Ham off the park.... to see Janet Jackson in the mix. 

What a time to be alive!!

I'd just got back from watching Brighton get gubbed by Fulham! Not the best of nights, but the JJ news lightened my mood!

18 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Well she has many gaps in her Vegas residency because all acts do, and Cooper is obviously not actually gonna do a set on the Park Stage. Finally I personally think the teasing in advance of Glasto 2017 was to do with ASIB, but either way I agree with GP that it was unlikely to mean 2019 (particularly when we’re considering an act who recently replaced McCartney).

Why not?  He's as big a Glasto head as they come, at least for an American.  I expect he'll be at the festival and I wouldn't* even be surprised if he posts on here.

* I would be surprised.

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Why not?  He's as big a Glasto head as they come, at least for an American.  I expect he'll be at the festival and I wouldn't* even be surprised if he posts on here.

* I would be surprised.

He’s an actor who’s never played a gig before. I imagine the Park gig thing was more of a joke thing.

11 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Kings Of Leon and The Killers would be much more suitable headliners than The Strokes tbf.

I mean, they're all mostly dogshit for 10+ years, but at least your average Pyramid field dweller/BBC viewer would actually know who KoL and The Killers are and more than 1 of their songs.

this...

Killers on JP were the most talked about set at Glastonbury 2017.. and whilst their Latitude headline was a bit cabaret it was still three quarters full of show tunes.

There are probably 100,000 punters at Glastonbury that have never heard of e-festivals and dont give a shit whether a Pyramid headline is 'worthy' of the slot, they just watch the singalongs and fireworks on the BBC and think they want a bit of it...

Better they fill the big field rather than feck up your enjoyment on the West Holts by jostling about asking when Wu-Tang Clan are going to "do that Flinstones one.."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Or, to give them their proper titles; the father, the son, and the holy ghost.

Would've made the Council of Chalcedon less boring.

On topic:

The Killers...yeah, there's an element of acceptability about that. I geddit.

But no one wants or needs KoL stinking up the Pymild stage like a giant bearded turd.

KoL are so boring live. They heavily imply that they do not give a shit. Seen them twice. One time they told us we were the worst crowd they'd ever played for - despite them doing eff-all to create any kind of atmosphere whatsoever. Second time was just...forgettable. 

I've not seen The Strokes live before so am a bit perturbed by reports they have a similar approach but I can't imagine they can be as 'meh' about playing in front of that many people as KoL are.

Tbf to The Killers they may not be everyone's cup of tea but they do give it everything they've got. I've never not felt energised during one of their sets. So out of the 3 I'd prefer The Killers. Then The Strokes. KoL I would swerve.

• Upvote 1