2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, Username taken said:

Stormzy would never sell 40K tickets and he's headlining

He would if he was playing a festival like The Strokes are and had an under-card that was perceived to be as good as people are saying APE's is.

From what I've read on here, The Strokes were practically giving away tickets to their Hyde Park gig.

I actually hope they play, I'd like to see them but I just can't get it in my head that they'd headline. 

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah something about him falling through and the replacement being a solo artist who they suspected some people wouldn’t be a big fan of. Sounds like a pop star/non-traditional guitar act to me.

But that same person also said The 1975 were 100% subbing on the Sunday, which is bollocks.

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

From what I've read on here, The Strokes were practically giving away tickets to their Hyde Park gig.

They were playing Hyde Park for a ridiculously high price and it was on a Thursday.

The day of the week they played was probably a big factor in why that show sold really badly.

If they played on a Saturday, it wouldn’t have sold well but not as badly to the extent that it did.

The scale of giving a fuck;

It begins with the baseline of absolute zero, for illustrative purposes this is Judie Cassabenos while playing a raucous live set with the lads.

On the other end there's the maximum, too many fucks if anything, like @Gucci Piggy's strop at people who don't entertain the daft notion that The Strokes would headline. 

Some people are massively overestimating how much Nick Grimshaw and his mates give about Glastonbury placements. A lot of people think Dolly Parton headlined ffs, most people outside this forum don’t care about placement they just think it’s mildly interesting and worth repeating when they hear a rumour someone’s playing.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bradders said:

Some people are massively overestimating how much Nick Grimshaw and his mates give about Glastonbury placements.

no, not really.

I just think it's highly likely that 'headlining' (if they are) would have been part of any gossip he heard about them playing, and it would have also been likely to be repeated too.

Remember, when he said it, he was saying it as something of interest to his listeners - and 'headlining' would certainly be of interest to them.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

no, not really.

I just think it's highly likely that 'headlining' (if they are) would have been part of any gossip he heard about them playing, and it would have also been likely to be repeated too.

Remember, when he said it, he was saying it as something of interest to his listeners - and 'headlining' would certainly be of interest to them.

No, not really.

The 18 year olds listening to Radio 1 don’t give a fuck whether The Strokes are headlining or subbing.

It was interesting in that Emily interview with George Ezra how she told him that Kylie was playing prior to it being announced, I know it only sounded like a day or two but she's clearly not completely averse to telling people stuff. You can easily see how people like Grimshaw get to hear some pretty solid rumours.  

34 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Let's also not forget the production folks behind her shows are obviously ultra talented in what they do so to alter it so it fits in to the staging at the festival is part of the job!

I'm in agreement with this.  I haven't seen her Vegas show, but I'm certain it's nothing that couldn't be adapted fairly easily to the Glastonbury stage.  She is active, so its not like she has to rehearse a band / group of dancers etc out of nowhere.  In terms of motivation to do it, if she's planning a tour after the Vegas residency, what better advertisement than knocking it out of the park on the Pyramid Stage?  I'm convincing myself here.

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, because there's never a big deal about Glastonbury headliners, or large festival headliners in general.

Which is why you don't care if they're headlining or not.

:P

Yeah but I’m not a normal person, I’ve been on your website discussing this shit for 13 years.

6 minutes ago, swede said:

The Strokes subbing Arctic Monkeys, that's my prediction. AM are about to go back out on tour until April, still cant see why it couldn't be them headlining.

Their website has them finishing touring in April.  Have they announced further dates?

Edited by Username taken

57 minutes ago, Scotdy said:

It must be The Who. In the middle of a tour, free that weekend, playing Wembley Stadium the week after Glastonbury and would shift a load of late tickets if the put in a good performance on BBC. A 4 year gap is more than when Coldplay have headlined. 

It won't be The Who. Having them back in 2015 was daft, having them yet again in 2019 would just be ridiculous.