2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Who knows? The stars don't always align, for whatever reason.  But I don't think it's because she wouldn't do it, a la Prince.

Yeah but I think the tour dates would have to align too. Otherwise, like I said, to put on.a unique full-scale show would probably set her back with what Glastonbury pay. Doing it for a cut price during an actual tour seems more feasible and ties in with her ‘getting’ Glastonbury, imo.

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Said that all along.

They’re not playing next year, dear God man.

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They’re not playing next year, dear God man.

I do think they'll pop up in some capacity next year, but it won't be as a headliner, more a secret set, Chris Martin turning up somewhere on his own or with someone else. That sort of thing.

My "saving themselves" comment was obviously tongue in cheek.

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I do think they'll pop up in some capacity next year, but it won't be as a headliner, more a secret set, Chris Martin turning up somewhere on his own or with someone else. That sort of thing.

My "saving themselves" comment was obviously tongue in cheek.

Oh yeah I can see that. I shoulda specified headlining. And I know you weren’t serious but Gazza is pretty staunch in that Coldplay are headlining the anniversary - not that he can see my posts.

I'd be pretty happy if they played 2020 if they had something new out. They were brilliant last time they played. Not a lot of love for them here, but they hit the spot every time on the farm. Undeniable. We had a good few anti-Martins in our group and they were all taken aback at how good that show was. It's just pretty easy to bash them, but live, they're a different animal.

• Upvote 5

Just got a mail telling me that Eddie Vedder will be performing in London supporting The Who at Wembley Stadium on Saturday, July 6th.

Eddie Vedder alone isn't big enough to headline the Pyramid and only The Who would be a weak booking so few years after their last headline performance, but together?

Edited by Anarion

25 minutes ago, Anarion said:

Just got a mail telling me that Eddie Vedder will be performing in London supporting The Who at Wembley Stadium on Saturday, July 6th.

Eddie Vedder alone isn't big enough to headline the Pyramid and only The Who would be a weak booking so few years after their last headline performance, but together?

An Eddie Vedder fronted supergroup you mean?

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

if what I've heard is right, not as headliner.

But the chances that what I've heard is right is mighty mighty slim, I reckon.

(no, not saying, just in case it's true :P )

Madonna, Coldplay, Macca - Elton Sunday for the blanket brigade.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

if what I've heard is right, not as headliner.

But the chances that what I've heard is right is mighty mighty slim, I reckon.

(no, not saying, just in case it's true :P )

Surely anything other than a headliner would be ridiculous?, Pyramid opener would be way too rammed and the legend slot doesn't sound right.

8 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Surely anything other than a headliner would be ridiculous?, Pyramid opener would be way too rammed and the legend slot doesn't sound right.

Martin's the type who would happily accept a lower slot (say, subbing Macca for instance) or play a secret set just to be part of Glasto's 50th.

You'd like to think that even the Eavii would think it ridiculous to have Coldplay headlining yet again.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Vedder, Daltrey and Wilson bellowing out I Predict A Riot to a rapidly diminishing Pyramid crowd.

Which would give me more room to flail about like a possessed octopus as I would be GOING OFF if that happened!

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Martin's the type who would happily accept a lower slot (say, subbing Macca for instance) or play a secret set just to be part of Glasto's 50th.

You'd like to think that even the Eavii would think it ridiculous to have Coldplay headlining yet again.

Oh I know he would, I was being it on the size of slot to allow that many people.

Just had a thought, maybe they are going to turn up at the Eavis spoken word which happens everytime 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Emily is on George Ezra's podcast. He's not a headliner (yet) but looks like he could feature near the top end...

And no, I'm not going to take the trouble to listen to find out what was actually said.

Is he headlining another UK festival this year? Nailed on pyramid sub 

4 hours ago, Anarion said:

He's supporting them. As are the kaisar chiefs. Nothing to suggest they are playing together. The who played too recently and like you say Eddie Vedder on his own with a ukulele is not happening anything above mid afternoon slot.