2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

When the band and crowd click there is no better place on the planet to watch live music than the Pyramid. Blur 09 is the ultimate example of this.

Easily my most memorable pyramid headliner. That was something truly special. 

45 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

I've experienced both extreme highs (The Stones killed it) and extreme lows (oh Kanye 'Greatest Rockstar' West... I'm looking at you) on the Pyramid - when it all comes together I think it's a moment that's hard to beat. Maybe it's psycholgical, an awareness of the greats that have graced the stage previously, maybe it's the energy of an enormous crowd who are equally losing their shit, maybe it's the sound and lights or maybe it's something else entirely. Great moments can also be had elsewhere of course (one of my fondest memories was stumbling into an old skool garage set, not usually my forte, in a tiny tent after Chic headlined the West Holts). The whole place is just magic.

Oh totally agree, the whole place is magic, wouldn't be scrambling for a ticket every year even at 57 yo! i lost my shit at Stevie's gig, would have done last year at Radiohead and yes it depends if you are really into an act. Look its the greatest stage ( iconic) in the world, just an artist can get lost on it at times and dosen't fit, which is i suppose is a different topic.

One of the most awe inspiring sights I have seen is when we walked from JP to WH on Sunday evening 2017. We went via the path at the top of the Pyramid whilst Ed was playing. Wow that was an impressive sight seeing that field nearly full as it gets dark. Never usually get to see that amount of people for a headliner cos usually near the from when watching a headliner. Wow, couldnt help getting a bit emotional, it took my breath away

Hahaha. Nice to see the strokes bashing calm down whilst everyone took a moment to reflect on how incredible the festival is regardless of who’s on. 2019 will be another unforgettable one for us lucky ticket holders I’m sure. 

And the Strokes will smash it. 

43 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

'15 and '16 werent great were they? Yuck.

Radiohead last time round restored my faith however. Crystal clear audio and unless you were up the front an absolute blancmange visually.

Trippy and fabulous.

I had a ticket for Radiohead at Old Trafford for later in the year, so I watched The Flaming Lips on the Park. I heard mixed reviews of Radiohead... but when I watched it back - it looked good. 

19 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Less likely to headline if anything but definitely doesn't rule them out

Surely Glastonbury aren’t going to have 3 of the APE headers?! Christine and the Queens, The Strokes and The Chemical Brothers all heavily linked.  

Not sure that’ll be right. 

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

Surely Glastonbury aren’t going to have 3 of the APE headers?! Christine and the Queens, The Strokes and The Chemical Brothers all heavily linked.  

Not sure that’ll be right. 

Don't see why not, it's not like any of them are exclusive and of those three only one will headline.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Don't see why not, it's not like any of them are exclusive and of those three only one will headline.

Wasn’t really talking from Glastonbury’s point of view it was more from APE.  Hardly a great selling point that you can see all our headers at another festival.  

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Wasn’t really talking from Glastonbury’s point of view it was more from APE.  Hardly a great selling point that you can see all our headers at another festival.  

Depending on how they're selling they could always ask GF to leave Christine and/or the Chems off of the first poster.

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

but only if you already have a ticket.

And anyway, as one-day events in the middle of a major city they're mainly selling to a different market.

I know APE hasn't been going that long (to my knowledge) but from what I can see from previous lineups it seems to be Pyramid sub/Other headliners topping the bill from what I can see. I really can't see The Strokes accepting a sub slot at Glastonbury if they're headlining everywhere else they play

First time poster! Been reading this forum since 2014. 

Not sure if it’s been discussed, but is there no chance Bon Iver could be headlining? Arguably much bigger than most mentioned. Would be divisive I’m sure, but perfect headliner for me!

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

but only if you already have a ticket.

And anyway, as one-day events in the middle of a major city they're mainly selling to a different market.

Yeah I do appreciate it, but it’d still surprise me if at least 3 of their headliners play prominent spots at the same festival.