2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

12 hours ago, TKOCF said:

Said it before but Kings of Leon are the worst act I have ever seen headline Reading And Leeds (only been going since 2015 though so there may have been someone worse). They just have no stage presence (not Jake Bugg levels but almost there), and it would be rubbish if they headlined the Pyramid.

They're the worst band I've ever seen live also. Didnt even do an encore (and it wasn't a festival). They seemed like real dicks on stage.

16 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Seems Tame Impala are nailed. Happy for that, opposite Stormzy and I will watch.

Hardly nailed. They've already subbed so if they played they'd either be repeating the same slot or taking a sideways move to Other headliner. Doesn't seem a great idea if they have ambitions of headlining the Pyramid anytime soon

Kevin Parker mentioned it in an interview not long back and said he was talking to his manager about it because headlining Other had been spoken about, and said something like "But we've had a taste of the Pyramid now!" which could be taken as him not wanting to take a non-Pyramid slot.

And again, unless they've gone for two indie bands headlining Other (which I don't see happening), it'd mean they'd been approached after Wolf Alice, which would be all kinds of dumb.

There are loads of festivals around Glastonbury; being in Europe the weekend before doesn't mean a whole lot.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MetaKate said:

They're the worst band I've ever seen live also. Didnt even do an encore (and it wasn't a festival). They seemed like real dicks on stage.

KoL only have themselves to blame. Off the back of the first two fantastic albums, despite minimal crowd engagement and lack of encores their live performances were great. Then they released the radio-friendly Only By The Night and it attracted a whole new audience who were only there to hear Sex On Fire and Use Somebody. I recall them complaining during their first Reading headline slot (can't remember the year) about the cold and lack of crowd response. Live by the radio, die by the radio. 

5 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

KoL only have themselves to blame. Off the back of the first two fantastic albums, despite minimal crowd engagement and lack of encores their live performances were great. Then they released the radio-friendly Only By The Night and it attracted a whole new audience who were only there to hear Sex On Fire and Use Somebody. I recall them complaining during their first Reading headline slot (can't remember the year) about the cold and lack of crowd response. Live by the radio, die by the radio. 

Quick bit of pedantry, OBTN was the fourth album. Because of the Times was the third and just as good as the first two. After that they fell off a cliff spectacularly.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Quick bit of pedantry, OBTN was the fourth album. Because of the Times was the third and just as good as the first two. After that they fell off a cliff spectacularly.

I knew that, just probably didn't word it correctly. BOTT was their transition album and still enjoyable tbf

30 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Because of the times was a great album  (not as good as Aha shake though) but it started getting them noticed a lot more as some songs were used for adverts and in films* so when they went for the stadium anthems in Only by the night it killed them off for me- anything since then has been well below par. Can't believe they are headlining any festivals these days.

* Distinctly remember Taper Jean Girl from Aha Shake being used in some films that came out a bit later that probably made them much more widespread.

So there's 4 rumoured headliners on the Latitude rumours page, including The Strokes and George Ezra. With the latter now headlining Isle Of Wight, does that now make The Strokes more likely for Latitude and therefore out of the Glastonbury reckoning? 

5 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

So there's 4 rumoured headliners on the Latitude rumours page, including The Strokes and George Ezra. With the latter now headlining Isle Of Wight, does that now make The Strokes more likely for Latitude and therefore out of the Glastonbury reckoning? 

They could do both and Ezra could easily do Latitude also.