2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

7 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Maybe people were getting confused with their New York seminal debuts...

https://www.nme.com/news/music/interpol-announce-uk-shows-run-up-to-glastonbury-2019-2436469

Interpol. It's happening.

Ooo, will have to revisit Marauder, first impressions were that it was very forgettable, shame as I liked El Pintor

Their set at Reading had a pretty cracking setlist and looked really good, although I heard otherwise on here. Wouldn’t be my first choice nor would I definitely go but I’d take it if it was what was set out.

That last album came out nearly three years ago though, so to play Glasto that deep into a tour would be odd.

10 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

Question re foals 

really really hope they are playing but with yannis touting themselves out is it too late to book them? Is anyone aware of any timeframes the lineup has to meet

I wouldn't read anything into what bands say unless they come out and say they definitely aren't playing it. Anything else is subject to them being told when to announce anything. They will be asked and give the answer they are instructed to (straight bat) even if they are playing.

Said it before but Kings of Leon are the worst act I have ever seen headline Reading And Leeds (only been going since 2015 though so there may have been someone worse). They just have no stage presence (not Jake Bugg levels but almost there), and it would be rubbish if they headlined the Pyramid.

12 minutes ago, briddj said:

I wouldn't read anything into what bands say unless they come out and say they definitely aren't playing it. Anything else is subject to them being told when to announce anything. They will be asked and give the answer they are instructed to (straight bat) even if they are playing.

thank you mate

2 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Yeah I agree this fits. She said we wouldn’t like it.

I’m not advocating this but it would have been hilarious. Hopefully it’s true that BST is her only show.

Im all for it tbh. Gets the Strokes subbing, I can see then potentially narrow my choice down to Wu Tang and Chemical Brothers, thatll do me. 

The Cure Sunday and whatever goes up against Stormzy Friday, could work out well. 

15 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Said it before but Kings of Leon are the worst act I have ever seen headline Reading And Leeds (only been going since 2015 though so there may have been someone worse). They just have no stage presence (not Jake Bugg levels but almost there), and it would be rubbish if they headlined the Pyramid.

I watched their set on telly and looked bloody good to me...

On 20 January 2019 at 8:30 PM, Gucci Piggy said:

Aye if they were offered it for 2019 without a new album I'd be surprised if Glasto didn't let them decide to just take it in 2020 instead with a new album, unless they don't wanna book them that far in advance in case they bomb in the meantime somehow.

TBA for Germany shows the week before. It takes another turn

Foo.jpg