2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

9 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

It's a fair point. I'm a big fan of the Chemical Brothers but I can admit that is largely built around nostalgia of my big clubbing years in the 2000s. I think if we're being honest 'Born In The Echoes' wasn't great so you need to go back to 2010 to find the last good record they made, however as you say no one bats an eyelid about them being a shoe-in for one of the highest slots on the bill outside Pyramid headliner. 

Having said that MAH is an absolutely banger and suggests they've found their way again.

I couldn't agree more about MAH - what a tune.

Paired with 'Free Yourself' from a few months before, I can't help but be genuinely excited about their new album this Spring. Neither songs would feel out of place on 'Surrender' or 'Come With Us'.

I think if the new album is as good as the two songs they've released already, it's going to be Chemical Brothers on the Pyramid for Saturday. My feeling is that they'd be too strong an act to stick on The Other Stage at the same time as The Strokes.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Everyone who wanted to see The Killers last time got to see them. Can't say the same about Stormzy.

Not really?, what if you chose to see a different act?

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Glasto headliners don’t tend to play Ally Pally the week before.

Other stage subs do though 

8 minutes ago, LostHorizon said:

I think if the new album is as good as the two songs they've released already, it's going to be Chemical Brothers on the Pyramid for Saturday. My feeling is that they'd be too strong an act to stick on The Other Stage at the same time as The Strokes.

Chemical Brothers are most definitely not going to headline the Pyramid Stage.

8 minutes ago, LostHorizon said:

What makes you so sure?

Because they're nowhere near big enough to headline Glasto and headlined the Other Stage for the fourth time a few years back (having headlined the Pyramid in 2002, showing they've declined since then). Would be a embarrassing booking regardless of how good they are.

They're not a headline act at any major festival.

25 minutes ago, LostHorizon said:

The album being good or shite will have no bearing on their placement.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

IOW are due to announce within the next week or two apparently. My bet would be Foals to be headlining the Sunday there before rocking up for a secret set at GF.

Playing other places the Friday and Saturday. Can’t see it myself (had initially thought they’d be the Friday header)