2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Im Clutching at Straws like about 615 pages of this thread :) 

I’d love it to and what it to happen but I’m don’t want to believe something that isn’t going to happen. I warmed to the idea of Gaga and prefer that over anyone that had been stated and I wanted the strokes but realise it’s not a great booking but looks like it’s them...

38 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Any clear reasons it couldn't be Roger Waters?  His 'Us+Them' tour has recently finished, he hasn't played for 17 years, and his political stance fits. 

nooooo dont get me excited!!! Been dying to see him again since his Dark side tour... 

OMG he fits with what Emily said as well.... they have booked 2 guys for headliners... .Stormzy and Roger??? 

2 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

Id rather see Queens of the Stone Age be given a chance than Tame impala or Foals. Tame Impala are very boring live, when i saw them at the pyramid the other year It was a bit of a Snoozefest ( there not much better studio either)

Out of about 300 gigs attended, that Tame Impala set in 2016 remains my standout favourite. Wasn't even a massive fan of theirs beforehand.

1 hour ago, Hawros said:

(Re: Tame Impala)

It took a while for them to click with me. With AM at Fins park was weak. Since then they've developed serious meat live. Last couple of times the light show has been spectacular, and is a real key part of their set (See: Mad cool).

Those screens, that drop during let it happen... ?

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Out of about 300 gigs attended, that Tame Impala set in 2016 remains my standout favourite. Wasn't even a massive fan of theirs beforehand.

Fair enough, its not really my thing to be honest. Was one of the worst sets ive seen, In contrast to explosions in the sky the same year they weren't even on the same playing field so to speak. 

Edited by Xeph1995

2 hours ago, jparx said:

Dancing in the 30 degree sun with all the confetti cannons going off is one of my favourite gig memories of all time. I wouldn't even say i'm a huge fan of the band (certainly a fan, though) but it was a hell of a moment. 

That opening to let it happen with the canons going off was insane. What a set ?

Edited by lobo

I'm sure the Madonna fee was mentioned in here as to what she would normally ask, not necessarily what she has/would ask of Glastonbury. Too far back to check that now. I'm clutching at this straw wholeheartedly. There is the possibility macca was never in the frame for this year, we've all just assumed he's being replaced.

4 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Madonna isn't happening. She's not going to turn up and do a greatest hits set on the cheap. If she ever plays, it'll be to promote a new album and be setlist heavy on that.

Nah she's too clever to pull a 'here's a load of new songs'. She may wait until she is doing a greatest hits tour but she would research and see what has gone down well with other artist sets and festival crowds are greatest hits sets.

I do wonder if Macca is signed up for 2020. I'm sure Emily or Michael said they've been working on both as 2020 is the 50th anniversary he could be the big name for that.