2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Huh. I thought Tame Impala were loads of fun when I saw them live. Can't imagine anyone thinking their show was showing. I didn't see them at Glastonbury though so maybe it was a bad performance? At NOS it was party central when they played.

it might be worth noting that I'm not a massive fan, my friends are so I went to check them out. They are a little "soft" I kind of like rock to be a little more riff driven. I can't imagine they would be a good headline show thats all.

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

Huh. I thought Tame Impala were loads of fun when I saw them live. Can't imagine anyone thinking their show was showing. I didn't see them at Glastonbury though so maybe it was a bad performance? At NOS it was party central when they played.

They were incredible at Alexandra Palace when I saw them, but I am a massive fan so there's that. 

8 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Id rather see Queens of the Stone Age be given a chance than Tame impala or Foals. Tame Impala are very boring live, when i saw them at the pyramid the other year It was a bit of a Snoozefest ( there not much better studio either)

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

They were absolutely brilliant on the Pyramid in 2016! Can understand they might not be to everyone’s taste, but boring they are not. 

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

Same here. Saw them at Alexandra palace and Glastonbury, both times crowd around me were really going for it. I’d be well up for them headlining a stage. The show definitely worked better under darkness rather than daylight, Alexandra palace had an amazing light show.

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Surely EVERYONE knows The Strokes' first album?

everyone that was in uni and attending indie discos from 2002-2007, yeah.

outside of that, most people wouldn't have a clue. that list of songs a few pages back is pretty funny, I'd say most Glasto goers know Last Nite and maybe 3 more to hear.

to most people, even ones with an active interest in "non-chart" music, The Strokes are washed-up relics that most would be surprised are still actually together, let alone making (largely ignored) music.

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

everyone that was in uni and attending indie discos from 2002-2007, yeah.

outside of that, most people wouldn't have a clue. that list of songs a few pages back is pretty funny, I'd say most Glasto goers know Last Nite and maybe 3 more to hear.

to most people, even ones with an active interest in "non-chart" music, The Strokes are washed-up relics that most would be surprised are still actually together, let alone making (largely ignored) music.

Even if you have an interest in "non-chart" music they also aren't everyones cup of tea. The Strokes were always a little shit imo, I like rock a little more hard hitting.

Edited by Xeph1995

48 minutes ago, jparx said:

Out of all the options, I'd bump up the Chems to headliner. They'd put on a better show than anyone mentioned (aside from Gaga, but I just don't see that happening at all). 

If you're going to end up with three "smaller" headliners than normal, may as well pick the one that would blow away the field. 

I just had a dream (staying home today due to being ill) that the Chems headlined and it was really boring. That’s all the evidence you should need that it’s not them.

4 minutes ago, lobo said:

Same here. Saw them at Alexandra palace and Glastonbury, both times crowd around me were really going for it. I’d be well up for them headlining a stage. The show definitely worked better under darkness rather than daylight, Alexandra palace had an amazing light show.

Dancing in the 30 degree sun with all the confetti cannons going off is one of my favourite gig memories of all time. I wouldn't even say i'm a huge fan of the band (certainly a fan, though) but it was a hell of a moment. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, DownboundTrain52 said:

Much belatedly arriving to the party, the news Macca will be stateside makes me regret even more not being able to source a ticket in December at short notice. BST must be a long shot now too.

Same, feel like I'm destined never to see him

1 hour ago, Bovla said:

Stormzy - Cure - AM has to be the most bloke-y lineup of anything ever to exist ever

I give you Reading 2009 - Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead (with Kaiser Chiefs, Prodigy and Bloc Party supporting)

re: Tame Impala, I've seen them 3 times live now and I've never not been bored to tears, despite being told many many times that they're amazing.

14 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

They have been known to be economical with the truth before. *keeps fingers crossed for Madge* 

for Emily, just once that might be said that I know of.

And Emily assures me that when she ruled out Stevie Wonder he wasn't in the frame to play.

However ... the wife was saying to me the other day that Emily didn't actually rule Madge out, but instead used more vague words. I haven't checked that tho.

Edited by eFestivals

Just now, eFestivals said:

for Emily, just once that might be said that I know of.

And Emily assures me that when she ruled out Stevie Wonder he wasn't in the frame to play.

However ... the wife was saying to me the other day that Emily didn't actually rule Madge out, but instead used more vague words. I can't checked that tho.

Where did the £5m fee rumour come from again?

10 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I give you Reading 2009 - Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead (with Kaiser Chiefs, Prodigy and Bloc Party supporting)

re: Tame Impala, I've seen them 3 times live now and I've never not been bored to tears, despite being told many many times that they're amazing.

Radiohead are the anti-blokey band if anything, surely? 

Unless of course this was about the band literally containing males but the gender representation thing has been done to death.