2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

5 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

I know it's such a cliche to suggest an Oasis reunion headline slot but since both brothers are already tbc, surely this year is more likely than any for it to actually happen.

Apologies if this has been said already/multiple times.

The Beatles + Freddie Mercury + Mozart super group is more likely.

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Some regular cat off here with 0 history of bullshitting said a while back he knew that Strokes were headlining Latitude. I forgot who it was, but I buy it.

It was @Mezhyp1, but Neil has 3 other headliners down for Latitude so it'll be interesting to see what happens there. They're announcing soon so not long to wait.

1 hour ago, Harry Austin said:

Is there any actual intel of the strokes headlining or is it just speculation as they’re available?

Someone on here was told ages ago by someone from one of the largest music promoters that the headliners are Stormzy, The Strokes and The Cure. Nick Grimshaw said live on Radio One two days running that he's been told The Strokes are doing Glasto.

29 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Someone on here was told ages ago by someone from one of the largest music promoters that the headliners are Stormzy, The Strokes and The Cure. Nick Grimshaw said live on Radio One two days running that he's been told The Strokes are doing Glasto.

Was that before Stormzy was confirmed? If so I guess it should be taken seriously.

2 minutes ago, Jake9502 said:

Is anyone thinking rock wretcher line up is going to piss all over glasto this year? Seems very underwhelming, even the rumoured or the tbc undercard acts!

Im hoping they pull something out of the bag!

whens the next announcement due? Got to be this month?

There are literally hundreds of acts yet to be announced.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jake9502 said:

Is anyone thinking rock wretcher line up is going to piss all over glasto this year? Seems very underwhelming, even the rumoured or the tbc undercard acts!

Any lineup with Muse and Mumford and Sons has already pissed itself.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jake9502 said:

Given that they have Muse and Mumford & Sons headlining, no.

Edit: ffs @dentalplan

Edited by kingcrawler

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

I just look at what this forum presumes are the most likely candidates at present in Stormzy,  The Cure and The Strokes and I think in a head to head with any of them, Liam would draw a bigger crowd. 

The Noel situation is a strange one. It really does seem mad as hell having both of them on at the same festival. Lets be honest, what ever crowd they draw will predominantly be there for the Oasis tunes. It is difficult to place either of them.

I am not advocating Liam headlining, it is not something I would be interested in seeing myself. Yet it just seems a bit mad talking about the Strokes headlining and not Liam.

I'm inclined to agree, although it's difficult comparing them as like for like. IIRC Stormzy had a pretty decent turnout on the Other Stage last time out, and with Rap/Grime (I'm sure the purists will correct me on that!) music not often being represented on the Pyramid I'm of the opinion that out of the three touted headliners at present he could pull the bigger crowd. Bigger than Liam though? Maybe. On paper Liam (or at least, Oasis) to me seems to possess a broader cross-appeal than either The Cure or The Strokes, and even of course Stormzy based on genre classification alone. But I just feel for the reason mentioned above and the relative contemporariness of Stormzy that would maybe win out. 

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

Maybe I am just in an environment where Liam is still regarded as musical royalty. He's still headline news. Everyone knows Liam Gallagher. Now let's be honest, that's purely because of his heritage but he still feels a bigger deal that than the others mentioned.

True, but I suspect the novelty of seeing him will have worn off by the time the summer rolls round, especially if he hasn’t released anything new by then.

1 hour ago, deadpheasant said:

Paul McCartney's been ruled out mate get with the programme

Well unrelated, but just taking a gander at your gigs from this year. Did you see Beach House at TROXY? I was there! Had a little cry like a right tool. Also at RAH for Arctic Monkeys, though a bottle of rosé stole most of the encore from me... 

Also, Beach House did Glasto a couple years back didn't they? Heard the atmosphere kinda got lost as it wasn't at a tent stage. Would love to see them there. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Glastonbury hasn't even ordered its starter yet, it's enjoying a cocktail at the bar, perusing the menu. 

Rock Wretcher is staggering about outside, covered in piss. 

Ooh, I look forward to hearing more of Rock Werchter's exploits in the most mashed you've been at a festival thread.

33 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Glastonbury hasn't even ordered its starter yet, it's enjoying a cocktail at the bar, perusing the menu. 

Rock Wretcher is staggering about outside, covered in piss. 

Having been to Rock Werchter I can confirm it's got as much charisma and personality as Michael Gove's foosty arse

It'd be the designated driver 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Just to throw something into the mix, Kendrick's engineer is doing a workshop in London, two weeks before Glastonbury, and usually he has someone that's worked with him at the session - one session it was Kendrick. Suppose it's not real useful information as there's no indication who he'll have as a guest (the last guest was Jay Rock I think) but there's a slim chance someone like Kendrick or Childish Gambino could be in the country closer to the festival.

1 minute ago, zak14 said:

Just to throw something into the mix, Kendrick's engineer is doing a workshop in London, two weeks before Glastonbury, and usually he has someone that's worked with him at the session - one session it was Kendrick. Suppose it's not real useful information as there's no indication who he'll have as a guest (the last guest was Jay Rock I think) but there's a slim chance someone like Kendrick or Childish Gambino could be in the country closer to the festival.

CG is heavily rumoured to sub. Very doubtful Kendrick will play due to Stormzy.

I suspect I may be the first to suggest that Just a Couple of Mums DJ set should take the small step up from a daytime set on the Spike to headlining?

I would at least have a laugh, which is more than I can say for when <insert your least favourite headliner> played.