2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Yeah that's why I said for Glasto to follow Coachella in giving them the 'bump up'.

The Strokes are a bit of a non-entity in 2019.

They’re a stale booking (although less so on their maiden Glasto visit) but not a non-entity by any stretch. We’re not talking about the Von Bondies headlining.

5 minutes ago, ConorC said:

The Strokes are a bit of a nonentity in 2019.

But didn’t you read - they’re apparently plotting their “Global Comeback” in 2019.

Tbf, I’m a bit surprised all the grief they’re getting on here. They seem every bit big enough to headline to me. What makes a band/artist big enough anyway? You only need one album and a few mil listeners. 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

But didn’t you read - they’re apparently plotting their “Global Comeback” in 2019.

Tbf, I’m a bit surprised all the grief they’re getting on here. They seem every bit big enough to headline to me. What makes a band/artist big enough anyway? You only need one album and a few mil listeners. 

Yeah im surprised they’re getting such a hard time. Maybe if macca and Gaga has already been announced people would feel different. Stormzy seems to be a weird first announcement. 

Ive definitely read they’re making a big global comeback. Like you said, first time at Glastonbury and hopefully another decent new album and people will warm to the idea.

23 minutes ago, Woffy said:

That's like one tier below being the DJ in TopShop.

I bet he's Connected though.

23 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Because Glasto want Oasis but they won't reform, or offered to Liam based on his own credentials? And with Noel playing elsewhere on the line up too?

I just look at what this forum presumes are the most likely candidates at present in Stormzy,  The Cure and The Strokes and I think in a head to head with any of them, Liam would draw a bigger crowd. 

The Noel situation is a strange one. It really does seem mad as hell having both of them on at the same festival. Lets be honest, what ever crowd they draw will predominantly be there for the Oasis tunes. It is difficult to place either of them.

I am not advocating Liam headlining, it is not something I would be interested in seeing myself. Yet it just seems a bit mad talking about the Strokes headlining and not Liam.

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

I bet he's Connected though.

I just look at what this forum presumes are the most likely candidates at present in Stormzy,  The Cure and The Strokes and I think in a head to head with any of them, Liam would draw a bigger crowd. 

I'm not sure he would. There was a huge amount of buzz around his comeback in 2017 but he has been gigging pretty regularly since and I wonder if some of that buzz has worn off. He'd still get decent numbers, but I don't think he'd get massively different to the others if he headlined, sub feels right for him.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm not sure he would. There was a huge amount of buzz around his comeback in 2017 but he has been gigging pretty regularly since and I wonder if some of that buzz has worn off. He'd still get decent numbers, but I don't think he'd get massively different to the others if he headlined, sub feels right for him.

Maybe I am just in an environment where Liam is still regarded as musical royalty. He's still headline news. Everyone knows Liam Gallagher. Now let's be honest, that's purely because of his heritage but he still feels a bigger deal that than the others mentioned.

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Who's mam on here has heard of The Strokes then?

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Mine has, although she did say "They were the ones you listened to loads 20 years ago, right? Haven't heard you talk about them for a while."

I texted mine and asked... she said

"Didnt you used to like them?"

3 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

I know it's such a cliche to suggest an Oasis reunion headline slot but since both brothers are already tbc, surely this year is more likely than any for it to actually happen.

Apologies if this has been said already/multiple times.

A year where neither brother is tbc is surely more likely?