2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Just now, Matt42 said:

“I have heard a hot rumour that the strokes are going to be performing at glastonbury”

did we just gloss over that? He didn’t mention headlining at all.

unless he mentioned it again on the other day

We connected that with some news someone got on here that they were headlining with The Cure and Stormzy and how low the odds are which have seemed back ages ago. If they play, they headline.

Just now, Matt42 said:

“I have heard a hot rumour that the strokes are going to be performing at glastonbury”

No that has been mentioned, Neil mentioned it again earlier as well when I asked if he thought they'd headline

The headline bit came from someone on here who heard (prior to Macca being ruled out) that it was Stormzy, The Strokes and The Cure from someone who works for a big promoter 

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

As DandyB said (great username by the way, gonna whack SIAS on now!), I would be very shocked if Strokes agreed to play but not headline. They pretty much only do festivals now to get the cash in, i.e. Gov Ball. I don't think they'll be arsed otherwise, I'm sure they've been asked before but not to headline and they've turned it down.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, woyski said:

As DandyB said (great username by the way, gonna whack SIAS on now!), I would be very shocked if Strokes agreed to play but not headline. They pretty much only do festivals now to get the cash in, i.e. Gov Ball. I don't think they'll be arsed otherwise, I'm sure they've been asked before but not to headline and they've turned it down.

Thank you. Have an up-vote xxx

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Thank you. Have an up-vote xxx

Woooo, thanks love! I didn't realised how those reactions worked so I'd been handing them out willy nilly all of yesterday like a total mum until I realised I ran out for the day. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

People tried to say the same about The Cure. That the bassist’s (don’t start) daughter only said they were playing Glastonbury. They eventually saw sense though.

Won't bother me at all but I was genuinely kind of shocked to hear The Strokes being talked about as a headliner.

I'm a fairly big music listener (albeit slightly above the age bracket of the demographic for The Strokes and just never realised they were that big. I was amazed that they had as many albums as I have now discovered they have. I thought 'Is This It' was it, and until yesterday Last Nite was the only track I would have remembered. I'd have thought Other Stage Headliner or even sub headliner. 

Not that that means anything I don't pretend to know how big most acts that I do like are. It does feel like they would want to announce something bigger than them. 

17 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

Both my mum and dad have heard of the strokes and all they listen to is Dolly Parton, Rod Steward and Elton John, my old man went through a period of just randomly signing Last Nite. They have no clue who Stormy is though...

Surely everyone knows about her. It's been all over the news about her and Donald Trump :P

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

They were booked because Justin Timberlake sacked it off. And he’s well washed up.

Yeah that's why I said for Glasto to follow Coachella in giving them the 'bump up'.

The Strokes are a bit of a nonentity in 2019.

Edited by ConorC