2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Nobody thought those things were gonna happen though. :P

At worst it’s like when we thought Depeche Mode were gonna headline in ‘14.

I'm still a big fan of:

"Adele is the 'headliner' but she doesn't like crowds, so she's going to go on before Radiohead"...or whatever it was.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

It was never fully explained how going on in daylight, when she could see the enormous crowd that had gathered, would have helped.

She said she was scared of flares or something didn't she? 

As it turned out some absolute jabroni overdosing on ketamine was her only worry. 

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

It was never fully explained how going on in daylight, when she could see the enormous crowd that had gathered, would have helped.

Baffling. But we were a lonnnnnng way into collectively losing the plot by then.

I remember reading this scenario out to Mrs Woffy and her looking at me like I was mid-cerebral embolism.

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Fair point. I could see myself turning into one of these people during Radiohead's first song. so I buggered off to Dizzee Rascal instead. Win-win.

Haha. It’s easy too do, especially a bit sauced. But it’s also good to create a good atmosphere on site for everyone else enjoying the festival. You did the right thing. Kanye was particularly bad for it. For beck i was surrounded by people angrily waiting for Coldplay in silence.  

6 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Baffling. But we were a lonnnnnng way into collectively losing the plot by then.

I remember reading this scenario out to Mrs Woffy and her looking at me like I was mid-cerebral embolism.

So what you're saying is Radiohead are back to headline again this year?

2 minutes ago, lobo said:

For beck i was surrounded by people angrily waiting for Coldplay in silence.  

Coldplay fans impatiently and pointedly tapping their inert readytoflash wristbands.

TBH I can't imagine Coldplay fans getting angry. I assumed they're all a bit Stepford Wivesish.

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

So what you're saying is Radiohead are back to headline again this year?

Yes. Subbing the Strokes.

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

Coldplay fans impatiently and pointedly tapping their inert readytoflash wristbands.

TBH I can't imagine Coldplay fans getting angry. I assumed they're all a bit Stepford Wivesish.

Yes. Subbing the Strokes.

Ah, it's 2002 and everything's right with the world

4 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Hahaha. Yeah, nobody complained actually. Lots of huffing and looking at watches. I think one person said ‘I am looking forward to Coldplay. I think they will be good. I hope they arrive on stage on time but don’t stay on too late as I’m going to bed after this’.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Sorry if this is annoying but can someone take the time out and reply to me with the actual evidence that Nick Grimshaw said the Stroked

all I’ve seen is people saying they’d heard him mention it on the radio

He said it 2 days in a row, the one I heard is on this below (the 2nd of the two days he said it I think). He says it very early on so you shouldn't have to listen too long

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0001y6n 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I actually think I could have a chance in the re sale.

Same.

Not really fussed about any of these rumoured headliners. Unless they get Madonna, which I doubt.

In fact I'd much rather they followed Coachella's lead and gave Tame Impala a bump up over a washed up Strokes. they were excellent in the sub slot in 2016 and have a new record coming which is out before the summer supposedly.

Just now, Woffy said:

Upvoted for listening to Radio 1 two days on the bounce.

Hahaha no no I can't take that credit. I only listened the 2nd day and that was on iPlayer. Someone else mentioned it on here which led me to listen back as I'm in the minority who would absolutely love to see The Strokes there

Just now, mufcok said:

Hahaha no no I can't take that credit. I only listened the 2nd day and that was on iPlayer. Someone else mentioned it on here which led me to listen back as I'm in the minority who would absolutely love to see The Strokes there

:)

FWIW, I prefer it how@Matt42 refers to them: 'The Stroked'.

• Upvote 1