2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

5 minutes ago, sisco said:

At one point people were talking about her subbing.  If she plays though she’d be the one I’m most likely to see 

That film has pumped up her appeal too. Lots of people who would never dream of going to a festival, but would watch it on TV, are over my facebook / twitter and loving her in it. (Which I deem a wide enough gauge of public opinion!!)

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

10 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Stormzy, The Strokes, The Cure just doesnt feel right to me.

I dont believe they'll go into it without one massive headliner. Whether that's Gaga, Swift or some yet un thought of name.

It doesn't feel right to me either, but largely because both The Strokes and The Cure seem like "old" rather than current bands. Sadly I think it would be more believable if they just replaced one for 1975 or Arctics or something.

I'd like it to be Gaga for a bit of diversity/interest but won't hold my breath.

10 hours ago, thewayiam said:

To be honest, there would be a big chance that the act to sub Stormzy is going to be bigger than Stormzy himself, his sub this year is massively bigger than him.

Yeah now it's said about what her show is I don't think Glastonbury book have that, I reckon they'll wait until a normal type of show to book her.

It would be the best of a situation now I reckon.

Fair point, though we all know what a hot potato the word "bigger" is on here. There's bigger though and then there's Queen! ?

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

It doesn't feel right to me either, but largely because both The Strokes and The Cure seem like "old" rather than current bands. Sadly I think it would be more believable if they just replaced one for 1975 or Arctics or something.

I'd like it to be Gaga for a bit of diversity/interest but won't hold my breath.

Glastonbury have been making noise about female acts, I cant see it being 3 male headliners.

I'm hoping for Gaga. I've said I am definitely watching a Pyramid headliner this year. It was Macca, but that's gone for a Burton.

Shame The Strokes are headlining the pyriamid.

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Glastonbury have been making noise about female acts, I cant see it being 3 male headliners.

I'm hoping for Gaga. I've said I am definitely watching a Pyramid headliner this year. It was Macca, but that's gone for a Burton.

14 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Yeah...errr, I don't get you? 

Not too difficult, Nick Cave was criticising a band who are more successful than him by an absolute landslide. And I found it humorous. 

The mountain goat thing was a joke, in response to Gucci's comment. Don't take stuff too serious ??

47 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

Haven't read last few pages, but understand Macca is out. Did Emily actually rule Madonna out or just say she would be amazing? Apparently she's up for doing a turn on eurovision this year, new album about to drop, I can see it happening. I know people have said about her fee, but just because that's her usual doesn't mean she's not flexible for right coverage..which she would get tv wise.

I had info that Madge was definitely not doing it, and everything since - including what Emily said* - has backed that up.

* which I'm pretty sure she said to kill off the madge rumour, as it had been widely reported. Emily likes to kill off the falsies for the biggest acts.

Unfortunately that info came from the same place as the Macca info. :P 

13 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Not too difficult, Nick Cave was criticising a band who are more successful than him by an absolute landslide. And I found it humorous. 

The mountain goat thing was a joke, in response to Gucci's comment. Don't take stuff too serious ??

Don't think he was saying they aren't successful, just that they are shit.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Fair play on latter, despite my point remaining valid, but he wasn't making a point about success, he was making a point about shit, which despite containing some excellent musicians RHCP certainly are now. If you've seen them live you can empathise even more. 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I had info that Madge was definitely not doing it, and everything since - including what Emily said* - has backed that up.

* which I'm pretty sure she said to kill off the madge rumour, as it had been widely reported. Emily likes to kill off the falsies for the biggest acts.

Unfortunately that info came from the same place as the Macca info. :P 

If he was right though and Macca pulled out I highly doubt Madonna would be a back up and if they didn’t book her prior it’s not happening.

Strokes it is. 

7 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Fair play on latter, despite my point remaining valid, but he wasn't making a point about success, he was making a point about shit, which despite containing some excellent musicians RHCP certainly are now. If you've seen them live you can empathise even more. 

Seen them live twice, first time they were incredible, second time they were massively disappointing. They've been going for some time and clearly past their best. The point he was making about them being shite is the bit I personally found rich, considering their back catalogue of successful albums and popularity.

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

The Strokes headlining Glastonbury would be embarrassing for all concerned. 

You know when people who aren't going ask you whos playing? We wold have to cough at the Strokes bit.

Hehe, so far, if it really is the Cure and the Strokes, everyones going to be convinced i’ve got tuberculosis.