2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Eagles are The Killers for middle aged people (actually that's who The Killers are for isn't it).

The Cure are The Strokes for middle aged people (and every other age).

Only one of those pairs is headlining Glastonbury and it's the pair that you don't get bullied for going to see.

cure fans only like the cure because they're sad from being bullied as a child

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah but no one gives a damn about The Eagles who wasn't around when they were in their heyday, do they? The Cure are listened to by people of all ages, from like 15 upward I'd say. They're massive cultural icons and one of the first bands from the past people will check out when getting into alternative music (in the same way as the likes of The Smiths, Joy Division, etc.). I've never met anyone who actively likes The Eagles, never mind anyone under 40.

If The Eagles headlined Glastonbury I doubt you'd find many young people there. I'd probably get laughed at for having a ticket to a festival headlined by The Eagles tbh.

Nah, people would check them out and then would see how great they were. It would be packed but always is anyway. They are still great live and Id imagine people will have heard and know well a lot of their best songs (even if they didnt know it was them). They would deliver, it would be great. 

The Cures already done it three times and you can basically go and see them whenever you want. Im not saying they are a bad headliner, Ill prob go watch them but The Eagles would be a better booking, rarer appearance, more legendary band. 

If your mates laugh at you for seeing The Eagkes theb Im sorry to say but your friends probably have poor taste in music. 

Just now, chatty said:

Nah, people would check them out and then would see how great they were. It would be packed but always is anyway. They are still great live and Id imagine people will have heard and know well a lot of their best songs (even if they didnt know it was them). They would deliver, it would be great. 

The Cures already done it three times and you can basically go and see them whenever you want. Im not saying they are a bad headliner, Ill prob go watch them but The Eagles would be a better booking, rarer appearance, more legendary band. 

If your mates laugh at you for seeing The Eagkes theb Im sorry to say but your friends probably have poor taste in music. 

the eagles are gammon fucking w*nk mate

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah but no one gives a damn about The Eagles who wasn't around when they were in their heyday, do they? The Cure are listened to by people of all ages, from like 15 upward I'd say. They're massive cultural icons and one of the first bands from the past people will check out when getting into alternative music (in the same way as the likes of The Smiths, Joy Division, etc.). I've never met anyone who actively likes The Eagles, never mind anyone under 40.

If The Eagles headlined Glastonbury I doubt you'd find many young people there. I'd probably get laughed at for having a ticket to a festival headlined by The Eagles tbh.

The Eagles albums still do really well today and its not like they cant do decent size tours, they are playing Wembley twice the week before Glastonbury and do well touring the world. Theyd go down every bit as well as The Cure.

That said they arent gonna do it so its a pointless debate. 

Edited by chatty

7 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

cure fans only like the cure because they're sad from being bullied as a child

The Cure are cool tho. Might have been uncool at their peak (I have no idea) but The Cure defo have an above-average fanbase in terms of coolness amongst younger people.

Killers? Muse? Mumford? These bands have uncool fans who deserve to be bullied, but not The Cure.

6 minutes ago, chatty said:

I was joking on that part, my friends aren't that weird, but Eagles are trash.

3 minutes ago, chatty said:

The Eagles albums still do really well today and its not like they cant do decent size tours, they are playing Wembley twice the week before Glastonbury and do well touring the world. Theyd go down every bit as well as The Cure.

That said they arent gonna do it so its a pointless debate. 

Yeah, they're massive, but their fans are all fat, middle aged, balding white blokes. Not doing Glasto.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

The Cure are cool tho. Might have been uncool at their peak (I have no idea) but The Cure defo have an above-average fanbase in terms of coolness amongst younger people.

Killers? Muse? Mumford? These bands have uncool fans who deserve to be bullied, but not The Cure.

the 25,000 efestivals posts haver is here to dish out the facts on what is "cool"

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah, they're massive, but their fans are all fat, middle aged, balding white blokes. Not doing Glasto.

Nowt wrong with that. The Cure has the same fanbase, onlt the Cures fans wear eyeliner, grow the back and sides of their hair out to make it look more ridiculous and look depressed when watching their favourite band. Ill still have beers and a sing along with them though. 

Edited by chatty

2 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Didn't stop The Who tbf.

Aye but at least their fans like music and festivals.

Imagine an Eagles fan rocking up to a festival.

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

See also most of The Cure's fans.

I like them but still true.

The Cure have those people plus all the edgy kids tho. And females. And non-Tories.

I'm not exaggerating but I genuinely do not think I've ever in my life seen/heard a young person express positive views on The Eagles.