2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

8 minutes ago, Gacheezbo said:

Just a thought - now would be a better time than ever for Queen + Adam Lambert (if it's ever going to happen), on the Bohemian Rhapsody hype train, have a North American Tour start mid July so not outside the realms of possibility.

I'm sure others and myself have reservations about Queen + Adam Lambert but apparently it's great fun and I can't dispute that.

Saw them at TRNSMT last year.  Good fun but bit of a novelty act tbh.  Maybe as sub to Stormzy would be fine....

7 minutes ago, Armourman said:

Saw them at TRNSMT last year.  Good fun but bit of a novelty act tbh.  Maybe as sub to Stormzy would be fine....

That really would be a massive audience changeover, throw in some mud and you would have pandemonium.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

That's the point, isn't it? They've been at weirdly short odds for ages, before they'd even announced their first shows. Suggests there were probably people betting on them since a long time ago, or at least one big bet on them.

You can’t generally put big bets on things that people know the outcome of like this though. Was capped at like a tenner. 

It is interesting they were so short so early but that doesn’t fit in with the Macxit narrative.

26 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

I can recognise that bands have more critically acclaimed albums despite my preference for one or the other, yes.

???

Screenshot_20190116-194158_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1bf8d103e3bba438cb5a21857bcfb321.jpgScreenshot_20190116-194203_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5f5ff1dd661dd3094ed92a82fcd24480.jpgScreenshot_20190116-194223_Chrome.thumb.jpg.93a77ed527b01d019edddfe412d51a40.jpg

If we're going by critical acclaim then:

1. Is This It (Strokes)

2. Room On Fire (Strokes)

3. Hot Fuss (Killers)

4. Angles (Strokes)

Hot Fuss is only 2 points ahead of Angles ffs.

4 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

You can’t generally put big bets on things that people know the outcome of like this though. Was capped at like a tenner. 

It is interesting they were so short so early but that doesn’t fit in with the Macxit narrative.

Yeah true.

Macxit could have been months ago tho. He could have already pulled out when Neil got info on him playing 

Even though Emily said Madonna hasn't been booked it almost seems like it makes too much sense. She's putting out new material in the spring and with the lack of a legacy headliner this year, she'd go a long way in filling that spot.

Madonna may not have been booked when they thought they had Macca, but obviously things have changed. Also, for those of you still convinced Gaga is a possibility, I highly doubt she does any shows in 2019 outside of Vegas. When Britney had her residency (same promoter/venue) she was not allowed to do any shows outside of Vegas for the first 2 years, due to a clause in her contract. With the demand for the Gaga shows, and the rumor that they're added 25-30 new dates I highly doubt they'll let her perform anywhere else.

1 minute ago, gearbm95 said:

Even though Emily said Madonna hasn't been booked it almost seems like it makes too much sense. She's putting out new material in the spring and with the lack of a legacy headliner this year, she'd go a long way in filling that spot.

Madonna may not have been booked when they thought they had Macca, but obviously things have changed. Also, for those of you still convinced Gaga is a possibility, I highly doubt she does any shows in 2019 outside of Vegas. When Britney had her residency (same promoter/venue) she was not allowed to do any shows outside of Vegas for the first 2 years, due to a clause in her contract. With the demand for the Gaga shows, and the rumor that they're added 25-30 new dates I highly doubt they'll let her perform anywhere else.

Gaga is doing events outside the Vegas residency. Doing an event in May.

Other Vegas residencies have been allowed to do gigs outside of their deal too.

The sticking point for Gaga might be the headline slot is televised. I'm not sure they'd want Gaga's Enigma show (as that's what she'd effectively do at Glastonbury) being shown on TV. The counter argument is they might see it as free advertising.

I love the Strokes and always thought they were more talented than their slightly more mainstream peers like Kings of Leon or even the Arctic Monkeys (who are great but always seemed a little bit too try hard/self conscious in comparison) so its great they're getting the chance to headline if true. I have no idea what kind of crowd they'll get though, is anyone under 25 even aware of them?

12 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

I love the Strokes and always thought they were more talented than their slightly more mainstream peers like Kings of Leon or even the Arctic Monkeys (who are great but always seemed a little bit too try hard/self conscious in comparison) so its great they're getting the chance to headline if true. I have no idea what kind of crowd they'll get though, is anyone under 25 even aware of them?

I am and me and my friends will be there, blasting out the Strokes anthems.