2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, The Martini Police said:

Back to a topic from earlier then. The Killers are active. Not that I think it’ll happen, especially without a new album until 2020.

7CD8DE00-5B51-4C3D-90B3-3A57E3712794.png

I really like that line up tbh. Id swap it for the projected Glastonbury line up thats rumoured thus far. For my tastes theres easily enough bands on that line up to appease a full weekend for me. 

Sting, Lynyrd Skynryd, Lauren Hill, Counting Crows, Alanis Morisette, Garbage, Bush, B52s, Joan Jett and The Beat. Id snap all those right up.

Edited by chatty

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They get good reports nowadays. Probably cos they don’t have to be around each other for longer than a week at a time.

I'm certainly in no hurry to see them again but I can kinda vouch for this. 

Reading set was bang average IMO mainly due to their lack of enthusiasm... same issue at Primavera. Really enjoyed their set at BST though... they actually seemed to enjoy being there! 

34 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Did Brandon Flowers piss on your chips or something?

No I just think they're a really bad, annoying band. Same as how I'd say Catfish and the Bottlemen's music is all trash.

28 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Swans were formed in NYC... 

Fuck sake.

1 minute ago, JoBalls said:

Am I the only one who is absolutely LOVING that it’s January and we are back to wills speculation?

... NOW it feels like the build up to poster day!

Huh we have my speculation every day.

I reckon the killers would probably go down very well. The Glasto chat lot would probably be very happy with it.

Stormzy, The Killers and The Cure would definitely be my least favourite trio of headliners Glastonbury has ever had but it does look strong on paper

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Missing the farm a bit this evening.

put on Radiohead’s 2017 set whilst doing some uni work and feeling at peace. Better times ey

Put on Hot Chip’s set from 2015. 

Anyone that listens to it and doesn’t smile outrageously isn’t human. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I reckon the killers would probably go down very well. The Glasto chat lot would probably be very happy with it.

Stormzy, The Killers and The Cure would definitely be my least favourite trio of headliners Glastonbury has ever had but it does look strong on paper

Good job The Strokes are nailed on ?

Why would The Strokes actually accept an offer from the festival in the first place? Whilst obviously it's a massive deal in the UK and especially for us for hards, as people have mentioned on this thread numerous times, there's a plethora of acts who have never played the festival for whatever reason, usually money. By all accounts these days The Strokes only exist as the cash cow for the band's various side projects. Why all of a sudden would they accept circa £250k from Glastonbury when there's likely far more money to be made elsewhere, such as Latitude or APE. They clearly like spending as little time together as possible, and play for maximum financial opportunity. Why all of a sudden play a festival they never have before and have no affinity to for a discount rate? I can't imagine they'd care about the 'prestige' of the festival any more than the likes of Fleetwood Mac, Madonna etc, especially given their clear dislike of playing and touring together.

Just now, Matt42 said:

As nailed on as Paul McCartney 

i don’t believe anything now. Next it’l be The Cure that go

(please don’t downvote it’s just a joke)

Hahah, your right you can’t believe anything till announcement. I think I want Strokes too bad.

2 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Why would The Strokes actually accept an offer from the festival in the first place? Whilst obviously it's a massive deal in the UK and especially for us for hards, as people have mentioned on this thread numerous times, there's a plethora of acts who have never played the festival for whatever reason, usually money. By all accounts these days The Strokes only exist as the cash cow for the band's various side projects. Why all of a sudden would they accept circa £250k from Glastonbury when there's likely far more money to be made elsewhere, such as Latitude or APE. They clearly like spending as little time together as possible, and play for maximum financial opportunity. Why all of a sudden play a festival they never have before and have no affinity to for a discount rate? I can't imagine they'd care about the 'prestige' of the festival any more than the likes of Fleetwood Mac, Madonna etc, especially given their clear dislike of playing and touring together.

From what it seems The Strokes consider themselves a universal headlining band (not doubting that) but they probably haven’t done Glastonbury because they want to headline it.

if the offer comes then they’d probably accept. Can’t see why not.

I still don’t think it’s them though 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

As nailed on as Paul McCartney 

i don’t believe anything now. Next it’l be The Cure that go

(please don’t downvote it’s just a joke)

Hahah, your right you can’t believe anything till announcement. I think I want Strokes too bad.

2 hours ago, Superunknown said:

At least The Killers have more than one good album. If it's The Strokes that's a shocking booking and I like them. Out of the suggested names Gaga would be the best. LG x 

So you like The Strokes and think they have one good album, yet don’t like The Killers and think they have more than one good album?