2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

You mean like that other bloke they've bumped up?

Oh I agree - I think it's something the festival does do every now and then and ought to do more of.  Hence why I think Foals and Tame Impala can be considered headliner contenders despite a lot of people on here saying they're not big enough.

8 minutes ago, Havors said:

Who was talking about drink?? :D

I was just posting Strokes lyrics. :dontknow:

3 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Back to a topic from earlier then. The Killers are active. Not that I think it’ll happen, especially without a new album until 2020.

7CD8DE00-5B51-4C3D-90B3-3A57E3712794.png

Kings of Leon have some random dates too if we’re pulling names out of thin air I guess.

Just now, Superunknown said:

At least The Killers have more than one good album. If it's The Strokes that's a shocking booking and I like them. Out of the suggested names Gaga would be the best. LG x 

How many good albums does GaGa have though?  I think you can take the best bits of each of them to make a good compilation but personally I don't think she's made a decent LP (although I know that probably doesn't matter much anymore.)

41 minutes ago, justperfect said:

Just been reading about "badger gate".....Yeah, Queen ain't happening. There seems to be a genuine dislike of each other from both sides.

Honestly I'l be glad when Brian May fades back into obscurity, he's been a right annoying twat with this Bo Rhap film, Rami Malek looks genuinely uncomfortable to be around him at this point, In the words of our Friday night headliner, he's getting way too big for his boots

5 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

At least The Killers have more than one good album. If it's The Strokes that's a shocking booking and I like them. Out of the suggested names Gaga would be the best. LG x 

Really? If that's only taking into account personal taste then fair enough but in terms of reception, I'd say their careers have followed pretty similar patterns with massively successful debuts and tailing off since but maintaining festival headline status. Big difference regarding their suitably for Glastonbury now though (for me) with one having headlined around their peak and the other having never played. (Yes I know the Killers are bigger but I think the point still stands)

I know they're not the biggest band in the world and they haven't completely lived up to their first album since but they are maybe the coolest new York band ever and they do show flashes of brilliance. I'd say this thread has convinced me that Interpol are headlining Glastonbury 2019. On the Sunday for the locals, obviously.

• Upvote 1

Just now, priest17 said:

I know they're not the biggest band in the world and they haven't completely lived up to their first album since but they are maybe the coolest new York band ever and they do show flashes of brilliance. I'd say this thread has convinced me that Interpol are headlining Glastonbury 2019. On the Sunday for the locals, obviously.

I'm from Somerset and it's a little known fact that the farmers round here love a bit of post punk nyc revival 

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

Was so disappointed with their Reading set in 2011, would love to see them do a late tent set