2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

8 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

Killers headlined Latitude last year, is it not a bit of a leap from that to headlining the Pyramid? 

Latitude is a couple steps below, for sure, but if we were to start ruling out acts based on them having also done smaller festivals, we'd have virtually no options left.

Killers would be a valid headliner by any standard.

Stormzy, The Cure and The Strokes is probably the weakest set of headliners in a while. 2017 was fairly awful too but we're at the stage now where the gig is bigger than any act who can play it outside of 3 or 4 - Madge, T-Swizzle et al. 

Glasto value is all in the subs and other stages. 

11 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I reckon it would be a brilliant set and cannot wait. I love these opinions, The Strokes defined indie and will smash it. Looks like they are headlining and people need to enjoy them.

"We are leaving the EU and it will be great. Remain lost, GET OVER IT"

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Stormzy, The Cure and The Strokes is probably the weakest set of headliners in a while. 2017 was fairly awful too but we're at the stage now where the gig is bigger than any act who can play it outside of 3 or 4 - Madge, T-Swizzle et al. 

Glasto value is all in the subs and other stages. 

Spot on. A mate of mine said he was worried about the undercard if headliners were those three (I'm happy with all three BTW). No relation was my reply. 

Elaborating on another of your points. Why has Swifty been ruled out? Just because she's inactive? She's hardly in carbon freeze... 

6 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Listen, I love Tame Impala and would love it if they headline, but they are NOT mainstream enough to headline a UK festival. Maybe so in the US and Australia. Are Die Toten Hosen mainstream enough to headline a UK festival? Nope. They are however headling Hurrine and Southside alongside the Foos, M*m*rd and the Cure, showing that "mainstream" is completely market dependent. 

I don’t think they are at the moment either, but the Stormzy booking shows there’s no agreed upon formula for a headline act nowadays. 

Gaga - Vegas residency finishes on 15th June. No other tour dates, residency starts again in October.

Strokes - On tour, playing festival in Europe on 11/07. Defined indie.

Ariana Grande - In US on Glastonbury weekend.

Bon Jovi - UK tour finishes 23/06. Next dates in Europe start 03/07.

The 1975 - playing Reading & Leeds who never share headliners with Glastonbury.

Killers - not on tour.

Rihanna - not on tour.

Taylor Swift - not on tour.

Fleetwood Mac - Emily said not booked.

Madonna - Emily said not booked.

Led Zep - not a thing anymore plus Emily said not booked.

• Upvote 3

The strokes were great in 2011 but I think a part of that was I was with a big group of strokes fans who were up for it!

considering they haven’t had any sort of further commercial success since 2011 is a bit weird.

I was sold last night it was the strokes but now i’m seriously doubting it. I imagine there will be plenty of numbers in Glastos phone book before they take that big a leap.

if the two other headliners were stronger I’d probably get onboard with it - but I think this years Glastonbury could be the first festival where the undercard is technically “more popular” than the headliners.

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Gaga - Vegas residency finishes on 15th June. No other tour dates, residency starts again in October.

Killers - not on tour.

Rihanna - not on tour.

A shiver just went down my very soul...

Just now, mufcok said:

There's still absolutely nothing to suggest Lady Gaga is there? Get a lot of people want her to play but there hasn't been anything.. at all.. to suggest it? Unless I've missed something 

Her residency ends on 15th June. In that time she has to whip up a festival set on the other side of the globe.

also have you seen the Vegas residency? That would not work on the pyramid...

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Killers - not on tour.

Rihanna - not on tour.

Cheers fella, but is "not on tour" a rule out? Glasto is a bit different, innit?