2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

6 hours ago, Keithy said:

Finishes in Vegas at 11pm (4pm GMT), flight by 1am (6pm GMT)...9 hours flight so lands at 3am GMT....hotel at the airport, in jimmy jammies by 5am...that's a good solid 14 hour kip before a helicopter to Worthy Farm. 

This is frying my brain a bit but surely the maths there can't be right as the US is eight hours behind us right? So it would be 4am not 4pm in the UK. Still time for a nice long plane sleep though.

4 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

100% 2 Birds 1 Stone. I was astounded some people were paying over £200 for them.

I know... I dont mind them, they have a few tunes I like - but I find them massively over rated. Rumours is this classic album, but other than go your own way & the chain, it's pretty bland to my ears. Don't Stop & Dreams are alright, but I cant get excited at all by the rest.

The price of their wembley gig is obscene.

13 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I know... I dont mind them, they have a few tunes I like - but I find them massively over rated. Rumours is this classic album, but other than go your own way & the chain, it's pretty bland to my ears. Don't Stop & Dreams are alright, but I cant get excited at all by the rest.

The price of their wembley gig is obscene.

It’s Fleetwood Mac, course they have tunes but they are past it and £200 is really taking the piss. They went from loving the music to the money and that was a sad thing to see since they won’t hardly do festivals and dont do there own gigs for obscene prices of which people will pay because they may never get the chance again. Really sad from a band I used to love.

Edited by RarerThanDandyB
Grammar

I love Fleetwood Mac, but without Lindsey Buckingham it just doesn’t do it for me, I’ll be elsewhere.

Can’t really see the sense of it being The Strokes, as mentioned previously it would be a proper event for something like a Killers-JP Tent set, other than that it’s unexciting.

it won’t be Phil Collins

so my perspective has changed over the years, I’m enthused to not ‘having to see’ some big headliner, which appears increasingly likely, so my ideal is end each day with a headliner in West Holts, The Park, and Avalon, in whatever order.

I'm not too fussed with the headliners to be honest. I'd rather find a smaller stage somewhere and chill out. If it does turn out to be The Strokes, The Cure and Stormzy then it'll make my decision to do that a whole lot easier!

They'll be more than enough going on away from the Pyramid stage to keep me entertained while the masses gather around the main stage

This thread is the hilarious silver lining to Macca dropping out. 

I don’t think we’re at panic stations (ie booking the Spice Girls) just yet though. Jennifer told us Macca had dropped out in mid November, so he probably actually dropped out in October. Emily said in one of her recent interviews that they start to book the headliners from September onwards so they were only a month into the process- plenty of time since then to approach a few acts and not jump on the first one they think of.

I’d be really really surprised if they hadn’t approached Gaga as Emily is desperate to book more female acts but fwiw I think Gaga wound turn it down this year due to her other commitments. Unless Bradley can persuade her... We know he wants to do it. She does owe him one, and you know, there can be 100 people in a room...

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

“We’ve got a couple of blokes next year”

Chemical Brothers headlining?

Bumped up after Macca decides to do 2020 instead.

Never played Pyramid before.

Emily’s husband manages them.

Their light show on the pyramid would be epic but I doubt they would have them on there.Who was the last dance act to headline the pyramid?

6 minutes ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Their light show on the pyramid would be epic but I doubt they would have them on there.Who was the last dance act to headline the pyramid?

Basement Jaxx replacing Kylie in 2005. Before that, Chemical Brothers in 2000.

Edited by mf_2005
Autocorrect

5 minutes ago, Fingerbobs said:

The 'couple of blokes' quote was surely how it stood at that time is Stormzy & Paul. However there is a young Neil and angry Bob out there touring fit and ready for a call up just to fit that quote for the sat night.

I thought “a couple of blokes” was when Emily was asked about gender balance, and she’s like “yeah we’ve got a couple of blokes but...” as in, they have all male headliners but they’ve got good balance across the bill.

Does anyone have the full quote on this to refresh our memories?

I saw it mentioned a while back but does anyone still think Queen + Adam Lambert could take a headline slot? They have a U.S. tour starting two weeks after Glasto, so they would have a live show ready to go and the success of last year's 'Bohemian Rhapsody' has re-boosted their popularity.

1 minute ago, jamesh992 said:

I saw it mentioned a while back but does anyone still think Queen + Adam Lambert could take a headline slot? They have a U.S. tour starting two weeks after Glasto, so they would have a live show ready to go and the success of last year's 'Bohemian Rhapsody' has re-boosted their popularity.

I seem to recall that there isn’t much possibility of them ever headlining due to badger related beef between Michael and Brian May. But I may be wrong!