2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

32 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

The Cure are free Saturday and Sunday, but aren't doing any back-to-back nights anywhere on their current tour, and are already playing somewhere (Belguim?) on Friday night, so very likely won't play on Saturday.

e: what GP said!

In fairness, we can't say Wednesday America finish, Glastonbury Saturday wasn't tight going.

6 hours ago, Glastocat said:

Not even close imo. JayZ, The Verve are undoubtedly headline acts and the kings of leon were pretty much at their peak at the time. as I say imo no comparison.

I dunno. I'd certainly peg The Cure as a bigger act than The Verve. Were they touring round Europe headlining festivals all over the place in 2008?

Both dreary has-been rock acts, but at least The Cure do have a handful of pop bangers in their back pocket.

13 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Collins is a bit rubbish, but I don't have a deep hatred of him. Now when it comes to Sting, @fatyeti24 really does have some feelings.

He did an album with Shaggy, he's gone up in my estimations. 

1 hour ago, StupidDream said:

I remember someone deeply hating Phil Collins :P who was it, was it two hats or Woffy...? :lol:

@H.M.V  ?

15 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

If it was going to be Macca and ends up being Phil Fucking Glass Back Collins I'm going to be really rather upset. The twat faced, whiney voiced, Tory gobshite.

I read that in Will from The Inbetweeners voice when the french exchange student was in bed with the girl he fancied.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

For months and months I was telling you about how Gaga was in my tea leaves, and whispered to me by the winds, and written in the ebbing and flowing of the tides, and running through the ever-growing branches of the trees. Perhaps now you'll all listen.

To GaGa?  Hmm maybe if there's no-one better but not really bothered if I'm honest.

5 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Where's that from?

I’ve cherry picked from different speculative posts on this thread, asked my daughter who she wanted it to be, went outside to check the direction of the wind and spat in a puddle for luck. She’s a shoe in. Get your money on.

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Cool, okay, so it's best guess not set in stone still... I know everyone thought they seemed an odd "Sunday locals act".

I definitely want to start spreading a rumour that Macca will just jump on the plane post Vegas and head straight over...

Finishes in Vegas at 11pm (4pm GMT), flight by 1am (6pm GMT)...9 hours flight so lands at 3am GMT....hotel at the airport, in jimmy jammies by 5am...that's a good solid 14 hour kip before a helicopter to Worthy Farm. 

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Collins is a bit rubbish, but I don't have a deep hatred of him. Now when it comes to Sting, @fatyeti24 really does have some feelings.

2 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

He did an album with Shaggy, he's gone up in my estimations. 

@H.M.V  ?

Ah yeah, thanks :P Dunno if Glasto is safe for Phil then, but he's almost deaf, right?

Sure, gutted it won't be Macca, but I'm very pleased with this thread coming to life again. From all mentioned names I think Lady Gaga would be the most interesting, but as it stands I think The Strokes is most likely. Or Gaga subbed by The Strokes ideally. 

In 2010 I was at the Stone Circle with my mates, we left & my mates couldnt find me. I was found having a go at a print of the Mona Lisa, telling "Phil Collins" to fuck off & how much I dislike him.

1. In reality I don't care about him. I've no disire to watch him, but I don't hate him.

2. Why the fuck did he look like the Mona Lisa? I must have been mega fucked.

Wtf! I knew it wasn't going to be Macca because it's the only thing I've ever truly hoped for. 

I wont dare to hope for Gaga. 

The sun has set on the happiness of my soul.

The only thing that could possibly help is if someone sang a happy song about how the sun was coming and it was going to be alright (do do do do). Now no one is going to. 

Its gunna be (the) Stormzy The Strokes and The Cure. 

• Upvote 1

Christ, I just attempted to watch The Strokes set at Reading in 2011 on YouTube. Surely they can’t headline Glastonbury in 2019?

My two cents? I think it will be a female headliner, or at least a band with a female presence.I think a second all- male trio in succession would seem a bit odd, especially as some festivals are curating 50/50 gender split line-ups. Going into 2020, it would mean the last woman to grace the Pyramid stage would be Adele 4 years previous. I know they can only book who’s available, but I’d rather them take a punt on a smaller/ interesting female act than a washed-up Indie or Rock band.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, The Red Telephone said:

Christ, I just attempted to watch The Strokes set at Reading in 2011 on YouTube. Surely they can’t headline Glastonbury in 2019?

My two cents? I think it will be a female headliner, or at least a band with a female presence.I think a second all- male trio in succession would seem a bit odd, especially as some festivals are curating 50/50 gender split line-ups. Going into 2020, it would mean the last woman to grace the Pyramid stage would be Adele 4 years previous. I know they can only book who’s available, but I’d rather them take a punt on a smaller/ interesting female act than a washed-up Indie or Rock band.

Fleetwood Mac, 2 birds 1 stone. A washed up Rock act with a female presence?