2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Only just opened this thread lol

my two cents

whenever this has happened in the past the headliner has always turned out to be someone who is touring.

arctics have no dates past April.

Gaga is doing a Vegas residency and it looks like she’s doing a film in the summer

strokes are available but whether they’d agree to it / Glasto would pay enough.

I honestly think the band that stands the greatest chance is Mumford and Sons. They’d probably do it for free too. I highly doubt they’d turn it down.

yeah Stormzy, The Cure and Mumford and Sons would be a terrible trio but it’s the easiest three headliners Glastonbury could secure right now.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

my two cents

whenever this has happened in the past the headliner has always turned out to be someone who is touring.

Gaga is doing a Vegas residency and it looks like she’s doing a film in the summer

I honestly think the band that stands the greatest chance is Mumford and Sons. They’d probably do it for free too. I highly doubt they’d turn it down.

yeah Stormzy, The Cure and Mumford and Sons would be a terrible trio but it’s the easiest three headliners Glastonbury could secure right now.

Mumford & Sons and Florence & The Machine are at Rock Werchter that night. I think we’d still be talking about them (or Mumfords at least) for the last few months if they weren’t ruled out.

edit: Bruce Springsteen isn’t touring either. Said so himself.

Edited by dentalplan

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

my two cents

I swear you've suggested this before and been told already that they're busy.

So Stormzy is Friday, but do we *know* know that The Cure is Sunday? Meaning the third headliner has to be Saturday? Or is that just the only day The Cure is free so basically they have to be Sunday if we believe they are playing at all? Thinks that's it innit.

Edit: confused myself

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

So Stormzy is Friday, but do we *know* know that The Cure is Sunday? Meaning the third headliner has to be Saturday? Or is that just the only day The Cure is free so basically they have to be Sunday if we believe they are playing at all? Thinks that's it innit.

They're free on the Saturday and Sunday but aren't doing back to back dates in different countries at all on their tour (they're in Belgium on the Friday).

The person on Twitter who said Macca had pulled out said it was The Cure Saturday and Macca Sunday, but at the same time someone on here who'd also heard Macca had pulled out had heard they were the other way around.

Consensus is that The Cure are most likely Sunday.

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

The Cure are free Saturday and Sunday, but aren't doing any back-to-back nights anywhere on their current tour, and are already playing somewhere (Belguim?) on Friday night, so very likely won't play on Saturday.

e: what GP said!

Edited by ghostdancer1

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

They're free on the Saturday and Sunday but aren't doing back to back dates in different countries at all on their tour (they're in Belgium on the Friday).

The person on Twitter who said Macca had pulled out said it was The Cure Saturday and Macca Sunday, but at the same time someone on here who'd also heard Macca had pulled out had heard they were the other way around.

Consensus is that The Cure are most likely Sunday.

Cool, okay, so it's best guess not set in stone still... I know everyone thought they seemed an odd "Sunday locals act".

I definitely want to start spreading a rumour that Macca will just jump on the plane post Vegas and head straight over...

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Cool, okay, so it's best guess not set in stone still... I know everyone thought they seemed an odd "Sunday locals act".

I definitely want to start spreading a rumour that Macca will just jump on the plane post Vegas and head straight over...

I'm the opposite, I think they'd be a weirder choice for Saturday night which is the largest TV audience. I don't think The Cure are that odd for the locals, really.